I thought this was supposed to make running games on Linux easy? Game rated platinum...

I thought this was supposed to make running games on Linux easy? Game rated platinum. Installer stops with no explanation, read through logs and find out it's expecting some library, have to research which packages to install, repeat a few more times, finally get the installer to finish and the game doesn't even open. Platinum rating btw.

What a piece of shit. Is this really any better than just plain Wine? After almost 30 years, getting games to run on Linux still fucking sucks balls.

Attached: lutris.jpg (321x321, 10.36K)

People who use lutris are retarded. Lutris is just a fucking front-end for wine. No-one literally no-one needs it! I have friends that use it and their reasoning is "The looks (eye candy), it's beautiful.". One also uses Tabby on linux. Tubby a terminal that emulates some linux functionality on LINUX! Same reasoning here, the eye candy. I fucking hate basedware! Maybe it's just me who just uses dwm on Arch and hates if my pc idles with more than 200MB ram usage with only dwm and xorg. And I still think that's a lot. Plus I think games are bloat. I do play some games occasionally but only those with native linux support. Because fuck lutris basedware. Also snaps, flatpacks and Appimages are THE STUPIDEST thing I ever saw. When I say linux I mean GNU/Linux

Should've been just a flatpak runner
Too bad there is no wine runtime for it

Spent all morning to trying to run this 20 year old game that the Lutris page says "installs and runs flawlessly". Had to debug half a dozen issues just to inch a little bit further each time and it still crashes before I can even launch the game.

Linux is fine for developing and browsing but fuck anyone who says Wine is good enough to play games.

Attached: 1644618616843.png (128x128, 25.04K)

Its mainly good as a simple games launcher for those of us who dont use Steam, pretty good for winetricks too as you can very easily manage each prefix just by selecting it in Lutris.
Dunno what you expected from it honestly, Its just a front end for standard wine and is in no way as complicated as steam which is IMHO the main appeal.

I don't like the UI that much, but Lutris is convenient for trying different wine versions, and trying different options that I often didn't know existed. I've gotten a number of games to work using Lutris which would not have been possible (for me) otherwise.

works on my machine

Lutris is a piece of shit barely works
>League seems hard to install I'll try lutris
>installs fine
>doesn't start
>no error log not nothing
>use a script from github
>works without a flaw
>make a /usr/bin link to the script
>uninstall lutris

Lutris is written in Python and Lutris installers are written in YAML. No wonder it's all broken garbage.
Thankfully the games I like either have native support for Linux or are console games I can play with emulators that have native support for Linux.

it provides easy way to manage multiple wine versions, a feat impossible on most package managers

it's just wine reskin. it fixes nothing. keep your dual boot. i dont even go online on windows partition anymore. it's just for couple retro games that dont work on wine

dual boot is the dumbest meme ever
>yeah bro just maintain two configurations and spend X seconds reboot if you wanna gayme

werks on machine

It's buggy as fuck but I still use it. I also hate you can't select proton builds using it, they removed that for some reason.

I mostly use it to just install my gog games for me.

what game?

>be trannix user
>wants to run windows program/gaymes because xer platform doesn't have any
>use workaround that is wine
>use workaround using winehacks to fix compat issues
>changes to another workaround that is proton because it still doesn't work
>use workaround using protonhacks to fix """"small"""" issues
>changes to another workaround that is lutris which is built on top workaround that is wine
etc...
lol

>I thought this was supposed to make running games on Linux easy?
Relatively, yes. Keep in mind, Lintards consider picrel acceptable and worthy of gold rating. Low expectations and all that.

Attached: powerofvalvesteamdeck.png (1174x854, 365.69K)

Not him, but I'd rather keep a Windows partition ready for when there's no other option, than deny myself access to things that don't work on Linux because rebooting is somehow literally Hitler

>muh few second reboot
The alternative is this:

cute otters

Attached: 0425193754586_081_28090603442_fd8c70e67a_k.jpg (2048x1365, 709.33K)

Attached: 0425193754586_109_27896795782_eaa1c7c01e_k.jpg (2048x1365, 742.27K)

Attached: 0425193754586_120_27798002635_b5f9ec12e5_o.jpg (1920x1280, 683.76K)

Attached: 0425193754586_134_27571196776_27a10d747c_k.jpg (2048x1365, 489K)

works on my machine

Attached: 0425193754586_145_27509234455_42333ab890_o.jpg (1872x1707, 1014.57K)