I went into a Target recently and they had all sorts of monitors lined up: 1080p at 60hz, 1440p at 144hz...

I went into a Target recently and they had all sorts of monitors lined up: 1080p at 60hz, 1440p at 144hz, 2160p at 60hz etc.

They had a video playing on them showing action scenes from games.

I stared at the monitors for a very long time, moving my eyes back and forth making a comparison. I was really excited to see the 144hz vs 60hz. I thought for sure that I'd walk out of there convinced that 144hz was better. But to be honest, I couldn't see any difference between them. The price tags were very different, but visually it all looked the same. I moved the mouse around on the desktop of a 144hz monitor and it seemed just like 60hz.

The only real difference I noticed was the 4k monitors. They looked outstanding compared to 1080p and 1440p. But refresh rate was irrelevant. I just noticed the brighter colors and better look of the 4k monitors.

Then I think about all those YouTube videos trying to show a difference in refresh rates where they slow the video down to a crawl and show you the mouse pointer moving in slow motion. If it is such a huge difference, wouldn't it be apparent at regular speed?

I've also seen videos where people try to guess the refresh rate of the monitor while gaming, and of course they cannot tell a difference between 120hz and 60hz.

All of this evidence leads me to believe that higher refresh rates are nothing more than a placebo effect. Picture quality and resolution seem far more important. I'd love to be persuaded otherwise. But I do not see any reason to spend +$200-$300 more on a monitor because it has a higher refresh rate and is a "gaming monitor".

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120.91K)

Have you considered suicide?

my monitor is only 120Hz and any time it gets set back to 60 i get annoyed right away and change it back. i use SVP to interpolate videos to 120fps because they look amazing that way. literally because my rtx2070 laptop choked on high res 240fps interpolation, when i saw a newer desktop with a good gpu for about retail i bought with the intent of buying a 4k 120Hz display just because i could play my videos at full resolution even if not 240fps. and it is a shame they're not 240
you're just blind, man

Did you consider that the mouth breathing retards that setup the demo forgot to change the refresh rate in windows?

This happens so often, it makes me sad, faggots wasting a bunch of bucks on it high refresh rate monitor and yet run it at 60Hz for a long time until they realize it's not running at 120+Hz like it's supposed to.

This. I used to work at Best Buy and you'd be surprised how many times I had to use DisplayPort because the workers used the HDMI port, or I had to change the refresh rate.

>60 fps is a meme pc kiddies fall for because "muh esportz streeeemer uze one!!1!". The only reason you would need one is if you make a living off competetive gaming but not if you just wasting hours playing a competetive game without earning money from it

Wasnt supposed to be green text

tfw my Target sells 720p 24 inch TVs
and 27 inch 1080p 60 Hz monitors, nothing good at all

>I've also seen videos where people try to guess the refresh rate of the monitor while gaming, and of course they cannot tell a difference between 120hz and 60hz.
try it IRL and you will be ass blasted. Doing fps games at 60 Hz after experiencing 144 literally makes your brain think something is wrong

This is really hell of dumb, Arma doesn't run with more than 30 frames per seconds anyways.

Attached: operation-full-honk.jpg (512x512, 143.35K)

I got a 144 monitor in addition to my ""gaymen laptop"" which is 60hz on the original monitor. I can't believe I used to play games that way, it looks like dogshit compared to 144. I honestly want to go higher and see if I can spoil 144 for myself too

It's not as noticeable as the eye bleed you get from 60 to 30 but still pretty significant.

You start to get diminishing returns. It won't feel the same as jumping from 60hz to anything else. Zoomers are just discovering what CRTfags have known for a long time. Playing @144hz feels like a different game if you play games where it matters. 60hz is unbearable for office work to. It's really shit.

fpbp

>target
They forgot to set it up.

Good chance they didn't change the windows refresh rate

If you playback some video game footage at 60fps, a 144Hz display won't make a difference.

Some mor9on likely didn't adjust the settings to 144hz, and also likely it was running HDMI instead of DPI which is require for 144hz, unless it is a certain generation cable.

same shit. i bought a gaming laptop with a 144p screen (not the reason I bought it but a perk nonetheless). I switched it to 60hz just to see what the difference was. There's no discernable difference. 144pfags are like FLACfags, it's just something to feel smug about because you're an emptyheaded retard whose sole skill is consuming product

What was the framerate of the games?