In this thread we list all GNOME features

In this thread we list all GNOME features

I start:
>Overview

Attached: requirements-kubuntu-15-04.jpg (1280x720, 127.61K)

>nothing of note

>off button

>doesn't krash every 5 minutes

A loving community of trans women who actively add new features.

Attached: 1639817582490.jpg (1080x713, 86.38K)

Wayland support

girlfriend repellent

Multimonitor variable DPI support

I love Forty. That's all.

>thumbnails in file picker
oh wait

>looks nice while not krashing everytime you open a file in mpv
>is the only DE who's all default apps look like something a reasonable human being with no mental issues would use

>weird user-hostile pseudo-tablet UI

There's nothing user-hostile about it unless you're a boomer. In that case anything past Windows 95 or even 3.1 should feel user-hostile to you.

Compiz support

Attached: cubething.jpg (1024x768, 95.37K)

The user hostility is in forcing an incredibly unusual and unintuitive UI with no option to change it to something normal.
>anything past Windows 95
Ridiculous, the closest thing I can think of to GNOME is Windows 8, which everyone universally hated, which is why they swapped back to a traditional desktop UI experience.
Truth hurts. Why don't you go remove some more features from your weird ugly DE?

I had a friend who was going crazy about this shit back when it first came out.

Better times back then

Attached: whylinux2.jpg (1024x768, 107.5K)

Naah. Ubuntu was never cool. Like I've never met a single person calling it cool at least back when it was the hot shit i.e. years before the Arch wave.

It was and still is awesome. You could also minimize windows into spheres with it. It feels like lost alien technology now. Think on what garbage specs it ran. 513 RAM and 32 VRAM

Well it's not like applying a texture to trivial polygonal shapes would cost you anything in terms of GPU processing power and memory. If I remember correctly, my friend's specs were something like some Athlon XP paired with GeForce 2 MX so yeah. I mean Vista came out in a year or so and was requiring much more for them sweet shader effects.

my uncle had the ubuntu cds and ran it on his main pc
the cube+wobbly windows were fucking insane

>windows bezel key on convertibles doesn't do anything if it's wired up as the right win key

oh for fucks sake