/hpg/ Headphones general

Do you guys like the shp9500s better than the X2HR?
I've never heard anyone say that the Elex has a treble spike. I heard they're almost the same as the clears. Would you honestly not recommend them over the HD6xx/650? And your notes about the tonal characteristics of each headphone I think would be really interesting to see.
Which is more comfortable for long term wear? 600, 6xx, or Elex?

Attached: file.png (1920x1280, 2.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Eu0RB-khWow?t=101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reddit.com

I want a pair of wired headphones that will last a REALLY long time. I've got about $150 to spend. Any suggestions?

What the fuck I thought Q5K supported AptX LL? I got one today and it definitely doesn't

Love my gayman bass cans but treble could be improved. Can i get reccomended something with similar sound profile that doesnt take away much from lows and mids while improving upon the highs? Got so used to the sound at this point, wonder if i should care for replacement at all or am i set with endgame basshead gear already? Anyway currently torn between AT M50Xs, DT770 Pros and Sony MDR-7506s

I also got V-shaped KZ ZSN Pros but i hate their ramped up borderline ear-piercey highs, so i guess im looking for something with overall flat responce but wouldnt mind some extension in the upper bass. They should be able to run through a phone too, preferably

Attached: Adobe_20220214_023220 copy.png (1080x1381, 649.5K)

Is there a way to
>A. use both the headphone and microphone jacks of a headset like the PC38x in a single port and have both work
>B. use that through a wireless AMP
Everywhere I look says you can't do the former and the AMPs I've got all only have a single jack port despite people claiming they work with mics

yes its possible
but it sucks so nobody bothers to implement it

I've bought a ATH M30x. I know its far from the best out there but it seems decent enough for my budget.
Anyone who owns one have any advice or tips on what possible problems it can have, or what EQ setups work best for it?

Do you guys/fags have a pastebin here to drop general recs on me?

Attached: you_dumb_bitch.png (595x345, 283.33K)

Any good headphone yet?

Yes

Wired, theres a good AMP called the Mayflower Arc Mk2. I have it and it's great.

Wireless, use an Xbox controller lol. With the wireless adapter, of course; not bluetooth.

no

no

Damn

youtu.be/Eu0RB-khWow?t=101
well because ARYA sounds the most natural one compared to HD800S but HD800S sounds very distant and relaxed with soundstage. Which one of these should i really good or both? Both are good

best looking headphones ever

Attached: 5JjwRmlaSmyptdaRZQiT_AI7B0606_copy_sticker_small_20171211123131.jpg (1080x1080, 120.87K)

haha nice joke
off-center is aids

Arya is probably the safe choice, lots of people dislike the sterile sound of the HD800S (and it's a headphone that is kind of mediocre in everything that isn't well produced).

I only have the latter so I can't compare them, but I'd get the HD800S if the single most important thing you want in a headphone is being able to hear the most detail possible of a song (and also great for games, especially open world games really feel alive with it, and I also tend to use it for live concerts instead of studio masters of songs). I would use EQ though, it does have an effect on soundstage (particularly for me it makes the image more forward instead of 360 degrees) but the headphone does respond well in terms of changing the tuning and making it less restrictive in terms of music.

They aren't that different though, so maybe it's better to get arya or hd800s and then the clear instead.

Wireless earbuds for exercise? Something that stay in well? No budget really. I have Jabra Elite 65ts at the moment and like them a lot but have heard mixed things about the 75 and 85ts so I wanna shop around.

Thoughts? Ability to stay in ear is most important really.

i see but in this video it does sound less detailed, more distant compared to arya, while arya sounds more ok to my ears.
And i compared focal clear to arya just now, and arya has better sound in my opinion.

They shouldn't be that distant, but the soundstage of the HD800S and natural "analytical" tuning does help you pick anything of the music. Regardless you aren't going to get the full picture from a youtube recording, the microphone will not capture perfectly (because the microphone also has a frequency response, plus how you set up also changes the result), it will be then encoded in a very lossy format (youtube only goes up to 256kbps, and many times it's less than that), and finally it will be affected by your input frequency response (dac+amp+headphone+whatever EQ you're using). At best it helps to understand the relative difference in tuning, but you can't say anything about the absolute tuning.

Just to add, neither of those recordings sound good at all in my HD800S (using youtube music which always uses the best encoding they have which improves a little).

Just to add, I don't expect those to sound good with the original headphones, because even if it's perfect transparent the recording, every peak and dip will be twice as high/low and will highlight the flaws in the headphone frequency response. The point is mostly that you can't really detect details (assuming it actually exists, I should have used clarity instead) from the recording (it will probably be an illusion caused from the sum of different frequency responses cancelling each other more than aggravating the issues).