Brutalist web design

thoughts?

Attached: 1642879701492.jpg (1800x1126, 300.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brutalist-web.design/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>personals
If only...

Not sure what brutalist means in this context but that site is not as bad as the usual shit Any Forumstards cream their pants over (pic related).
It has a decent structure and it has subtle colors that emphasize that structure. that makes it very readable.

Attached: FireShot Capture 106 - Richard Stallman's Personal Page - stallman.org.png (1439x1057, 218.71K)

acceptable design
no design

Anything that uses no javascript for styles is good on my book

Lightweight, laid out well, works on mobile and desktop, attractive, based.
Lightweight, no care to layout or looks, edge-to-edge text is retarded, cringe.

based as fuck

stallman should just stick to eating his foot fungus, not designing websites

this

This is not brutalist in any way. Unlike most modern user interfaces it is human centric way of providing information. It looks just like a webified version of the newspaper personal ads it replaces. It provides a simple, easy to navigate and familiar user interface.

>Canada should
Canada should do nothing. It's the states that should do something.

Does what it needs to and nothing more.

Both of these websites are based as fuck and more webshites should work and look like them.

what does brutalist mean? no css and js allowed?

Brutalist architecture are those building blocks that have exposed concrete and leave everything bare-bones, basically just what is needed to have a stable building. Brutalist websites follow a similar philosophy. Just have what is needed and don't think too much about filling up the website with fancy JS and bootstrap bells and whistles everywhere.

Attached: 1643485998903.png (2208x1242, 176.86K)

>Any Forums doesn't know
brutalist-web.design/

>David Copeland

It was a nice read

Holy fucking based.

Attached: brutalist web design.png (710x799, 37.81K)

Think of how much of our economy is based upon absolute bullshit. How many jobs, how many man hours.
So many of our problems have already been solved.

I agree with all of that except mandatory link underlines. Makes headers and menus look shit.

>brutalist-web.design/
I fully endorse this

>brutalist-web.design/

Brutalism, great for web design horrendous for architecture.

Attached: DirtyDuterte.png (800x1280, 386.06K)

Agreed, underline links in regular text but for stylistic elements such as headers and menus, it should not be mandatory. Brutalist architecture is about being bare but looking nice.

Remember, just because one person defines it and puts it on a website does not mean they have it all correct and they have established the dogma. It takes further refining in order to tease out the essence of the artwork.

That site was written by a guy who is trying to sell his book. The idiot you replied to is either the author himself or someone who fell for the stunt and is doing organic marketing for free

I personally prefer the look of these websites. Google pushing material design completely ruined the web.

Attached: 4QPyFMj.png (1158x921, 112.82K)

Ngl, I find it a bit too abrasive. Soften the contrasts and make some small improvements and I agree

So? I still agree to most of it.