Linux without systemd?

Are you able to use same softwares in Slackware 15 that you were previously using in Slackware 14.2?

If yes, don't you need gnome-mplayer at all?
How do you watch videos comfortably?

Gnome-mplayer refuses to compile.

Also everything requiring qmake (I believe this has something to do with previous version of Qt) does not seem to compile.

Attached: systemd.jpg (444x324, 51.07K)

Try using a version of mplayer that doesn't use gnome?

works in slackware 14.2 which does not include gnome itself

Give Smplayer a try.

Whats the hate againt systemd? It literally helped different developers focus on one component instead of hacking shitty software together

fuck off reddit

its too big system and too complicated when it was supposed to be just a init system

>gnome-mplayer
WTF is that
Use VLC.

>use VLC

I think not.

I am not arguing if its a good player or not, it probably is great but still not gonna install it

Attached: vlc-requirements.jpg (1221x92, 39.31K)

Get the gnome-mplayer package from alienbob's repo honestly. Aim slackbuilds at ponce's slackbuilds-current repo, he's one of the maintainers and trusted.

Also slackware 15 has qt5 already iirc

One of the big things is slackbuilds.org hasn't added the current repo, which means 15.0 stable now.

>Also slackware 15 has qt5 already iirc

yes it does but looks like there is problems in building qt4 stuff in slackware 15

The solution would be to install qt4 in parallel, same way one used to install qt5 in parallel with qt4

You are just being lazy. It took me, a total linux noob, about 20 minutes to get it working on my slackware machine.

I use obarun and have no problems at all

My problem with systemd so far is that it requires restarts in some cases. I'm using 'needsrestart' telling me which programs need to be restarted. Anything related to systemd can't be restarted without a reboot. Maybe that doesn't matter, though.

I want to have an uptime of 100 days or more on a PC

Why do random fucking applications need to link with an init system?

Attached: 1634403780952.gif (393x561, 1.55M)

Then use mpv

>"ON LOONIX YOU CAN COOOOOMPILE EVERYTHING FROM SAURCE!!!!"
>try to compile stuff from source
>have to follow a different procedure depending on whether a project uses build shell scripts, plain Makefiles, GNU Pootoconf/Pootomake, CMake, Ninja, Meson, Pip, QMake, or NMake
>random shit can break for no reason because the developers don't test the build process lmao
>oh no, you are missing a random header file which you will have to Google to figure out which package to install that contains the header
>oh no, undefined symbol because the header files you installed are the wrong version and don't #define the right shit
meanwhile in windows land:
>everything is available as a binary so you don't need to compile anything
>if you want to compile shit, everything uses .vcxproj and .sln files which are the standard
>press F7 and it just werks
>no need to install 99999 libraries and dependencies, because most of what you need for the average application is already built right into the Win32 API or many of the microsoft extensions that are installed by default
>IT JUST WERKS

lie

>he not only does it for free but pays for it too