/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to anti-windows rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Which version should I get?
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt

>How do I debloat/debotnet Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can you get the Ryzen scheduler on LTSC 2021?
Yes.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
Not really, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq

Previous thread:

Attached: Windows_logo_and_wordmark_-_2021.svg.png (1280x270, 24.49K)

fpbp

Can you completely remove edge chromium from win11?

I would also like to know this but for Win 10. It takes up space but I don't use it. I bet you can't remove it though.

you can using winget but it breaks stuff iirc so most people leave it

I'm not too young to remember Vista, I installed Vista back in the day, when it was still a release candidate. And then I installed the real thing.

I guess the point you're making is "okay it might look cool, but it can still be shit underneath". So is Win 11 shit underneath, like Vista was?

Vista was great underneath, nt6.x was the best generation of windows, and that's all because vista paved the way for 7 (8.1 was nice as well, after they fixed the problems of 8)

what's NT version of win11? Did they change to 11 or is it 10.1 or something like that?

getting a product key nag for the win10 ltsc IoT, cant edit the iso for the cfg, what am i meant to do?

>I'm not too young to remember Vista
Yes you are. Vista was very cool-looking for the time, but ran like absolute horseshit, and it took MS a couple years to iron out the horseshit with Windows 7.

And where do I even begin describing the odyssey that was installing Windows 11 in a VM a couple months ago?

Attached: w11.png (1900x900, 497.06K)

LTSC does not have edge chromium installed by default. It has the old edge which is removable and iexplorer, also removable.

You're incapable of reading aren't you? You're literally so dense that you can't read English language sentences, aren't you? You didn't read a single fucking word of my post you fucking moron.

wdym cant edit?
if you use rufus to make the bootable win10 usb installer, just go to sources folder and create/edit the ei.cfg file.

It's called "calling you out on your lies". Not my problem you're a habitual liar.

not him but maybe he is using it for a VM
I had this problem when making an 8.1 VM, had to "unpack" the .iso and rebuild it with the ei.cfg file inside

>but ran like absolute horseshit
False. People only believe this because it was put on the worst of the worst laptops that could barely run XP SP2 as it is. I ran Ultimate on a P4 a 4GB of RAM with zero issues. Then upgraded to a C2D and 8GB of RAM for the 64-bit version.

oh whoops okay, it says sources folder of the installation media, not sources of rufus.

>False. People only believe this because it was put on the worst of the worst laptops that could barely run XP SP2 as it is.
False. I ran Vista on a Dual Core, which was considered the hottest shit back then, and it still sucked on these.

Vista runs fine here...

Attached: System.png (884x768, 238.92K)

Same. X2 5200+, 2GB DDR2 800, 8800 GTS, 10k RPM Raptor.
Vista sucked balls while XP flew.
Ran that system on XP until 2014.

You were doing it wrong then. P4 was more than enough. My E8500 ran it like a champ.