This is the best language

The future is haskell

Attached: 640px-Logo_of_the_Haskell_programming_language.svg.png (640x100, 12.21K)

also ATS

Good morning

So what the hell is a monad? Serious question

I hate it sooooo much. I wanna go back to python :(

>haskell jobs
LOL

A spacesuit burrito.

t. Mathlet

What are you guys' thoughts on LISP vs Haskell, with regards of developing actual real world programs.
I heard that Haskell had a very shitty package manager which makes it somewhat useless.
Serious answers only please... uwu..

>context: currently learning emacs as an intro to functional programming, making my way to haskell at some point

Neither are useful in real world use. Both are useful as paradigm shifting languages to apply in a kitchen sink language.

i meant useful within the functional programming realm

>being such a low-ranking code monkey that you can't dictate which language your projects use

you mean working for real life companies that create value, instead of on-the-verge-of-bankrupcy-startups?

>real life companies
Yeah, such as Ericsson, who created a custom FP language for their telephone switching systems back in the day.

wrapper for state

>wrapper for
correct
>state
incorrect

then elaborate further you fucking cuck

>back in the day

>HASKELL

Attached: DbWmxicU8AA1Zar[1].jpg (768x1024, 90.48K)

a monad is just an interface (typeclass in haskell) with 2 methods: return and >>=
The real advantage is using the do notation. it can look like you're doing regular old imperative programming while abstracting state, control flow and exceptions. I suggest you try to reimplement the entire mtl to get a grasp of monads

>back in the day
>custom language
Still doesn't sound like Haskell