Halfway through the adoption of Wayland people caught on that Wayland is literally useless and doesn't do anything...

Halfway through the adoption of Wayland people caught on that Wayland is literally useless and doesn't do anything better than Xorg, while also missing major features that are essential on modern desktop systems. But by that time things were too far gone and instead of Red Hat admitting how much they had fucked up, they tried to sweep it under the rug. Don't let them get away with it and gaslight you into using a half-assed display server.

Attached: 1513364436264.png (200x200, 8.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/g/thread/85424960
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yep. Reminder that it is impossible to implement browsers in a power efficient manner with wayland
desuarchive.org/g/thread/85424960

Attached: 1644755540731.png (1536x830, 365.23K)

Congratulations, you're smarter than 99.99% of Linux lusers. Install Slackware, burn Wayland, and enjoy the last gasp of a dying OS.

Wayland: secure
Xorg: not secure
Hard choice

Wayland only solves completely theoretical security threats.
>You can't have global color picker because I can imagine a theoretical scenario where that can be used maliciously.

wayland: doesn't tear.
X.org: layer upon layer of indirections to properly composite a display.

Xorg: gives you the freedom to enable or disable vsync
Wayland: forces you to use vsync, completely against user freedom

Secure in which way? Why would I care if a malicious program sees the pixels of other windows on my machine when said program already will have access to all my files? Hell, you can even dump the memory of processes without root privileges. What is wayland protecting me here from?

aren't most embedded services and chromebooks using Wayland? why would they use it over X?

I'm currently using Wayland on my Desktop and it's much smoother than X on 120hz

The problem is that people keep pushing for proprietary spyware like Discord and Steam. And as a result we're all deprived of basic features.

The issues you described are easily remedied with namespace sandboxes and Yama ptrace limiting, both of which every modern kernel supports.

Yes. Most embedded applications are either doing:
Old ass DirectFB shit
Qt Windowing Service (QWS)
Some custom /dev/fb0 shit
Chromium Ozone layer, probably doing one of the many things above.
Wayland.

X.org is broken dog shit.

maybe one day you lot will finally understand "the right tool for the right job"...
>linux for crunching data/IO
>macos for human interaction
>windows for the boomers
why is this so hard to grasp?

>human interaction on a computer
Sure thing buddy

I will never use Gayland and I have been brainwashing people on the Internet to think it's buggier than it even is.

I noticed IBM / Red Hat shills doing this with X11 and thought, gee I don't even have to be a huge company to shit on this all around the Internet and generate a buzz about how Wayland sucks.

I urge everybody to do this.

>reddit spacing
>window system lives rent free in head
seek help

>rent free
Nah I pay rent in the form of having to see Gayland spam all over the Internet. So I'm taking that rent back in the form of spamming my own anti-Wayland shit across the Internet.

I do this with most stuff I see inorganically promoted here. I often write poor reviews for shit that's pushed here on Amazon, for example, or shit on it with my 10k karma Hacker News socks (I have a half dozen now).

>reddit spacing
knowing how reddit formats comments is reddit gtfo

>I'm taking that rent back
that's some creative cope

>being aware of something means you use it
>n-no u
kill yourself brainlet redditor

It's not really cope, I already know about how to shill thanks to a previous engagement. Sometime I even hire Brazilians too. Take Secret Aardvark - these days Antifa knows they advertise on Any Forums. That wouldn't have been possible without me. One brilliant thing with these nasty state-supported groups is they aren't entirely state controlled and they can be directed at my whim, if I care to talk to them the correct way.