C# / .NET Thread

Javatards more than welcome

Attached: dotnet-logo.png (1200x1200, 66.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/9898287/microbench
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based

Attached: primes.png (1900x390, 52.4K)

Sorry I can't read this as I don't know any letters past C

ok so basically im just not gonna use c# haha sorry not sorry

based and keeping-the-ecosystem-pure-pilled

Why does this language make Any Forums seethe so much?

because it's the language of devs who are actually employed and have families

$ csc
Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 3.6.0-4.20224.5 (ec77c100)
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

warning CS2008: No source files specified.
error CS1562: Outputs without source must have the /out option specified

Attached: 44176043.jpg (422x422, 22.1K)

Pure jealousy at stable, comfy, employment

What stable and comfy job are you doing, user?

Lead dev (so I delegate anything I don't want to do), work remote permanently, 6 fig salary, set my own hours, unlimited PTO, equity, great benefits, etc.

What more could you want?

Source: gitlab.com/9898287/microbench

The benchmarking test methodology is flawed for JIT-compiled languages. The C# code needs to run a few thousand times before the JITter kicks in, notices it's on a hot path and optimizes it. A proper benchmarking test would first run the code in a warmup stage to give the JITter a chance to optimize it before doing a proper run.

The way BitArray is used might also not good for performance because the JITter might not be able to eliminate the bounds checks.

I’m going to look into that this week.

So closed the entire source is on GitHub

I ran a different algorithm that doesn’t use a massive bit field and it smoked it

There's also the possibility of using .NET Native AoT instead. It is still experimental, though.

I work with .Net at my job, it's comfy as fuck.

It's literally just M$ branded Java with many of the same flaws from a PLT standpoint. If you want a cleaner Java, ok, but why? Even F# is just a worse OCaml.

>Even F# is just a worse OCaml.
Here_we_go.jpg

Isn't it the best?

Attached: 1546215144540.jpg (1000x800, 68.17K)

>If you want a cleaner Java, ok, but why?
Actual runtime generics
Actual value types
A good standard library (LINQ, threading/synchronization primitives, binary buffers, etc.)
ASP.NET and Entity Framework

I will say that Kotlin looks nice though, it's just a shame it's attached to the JVM

It's enjoyable to work with, I can't complain. Tooling is nice too. It's also very polyvalent and I like being able to make the whole wpf/xamarin/aspcore on the same codebase.
There are things that could be better (like having wpf run on linux, though I think it's on its way with MAUI), but it's complete and nice to work with.

Ok guy

Don’t hold your breath on Maui for linux

Yeah, that would be cool though.

>I think it's on its way with MAUI
It's not. That's only for phones, macOS and Windows. Officially there is no Linux support, but there are community projects.

Attached: maui.png (435x387, 28.89K)

Baste