NFT Marketplace Halts Most Transactions, Citing 'Rampant' Fakes and Plagiarism

reuters.com/business/finance/nft-marketplace-shuts-citing-rampant-fakes-plagiarism-problem-2022-02-11/

The U.S.-based Cent executed one of the first known million-dollar NFT sales

>when it sold the former Twitter CEO's [first] tweet as an NFT last March.

But as of February 6, it has stopped allowing buying and selling, CEO and co-founder Cameron Hejazi told Reuters.... Hejazi highlighted three main problems: people selling unauthorised copies of other NFTs, people making NFTs of content which does not belong to them, and people selling sets of NFTs which resemble a security.

He said these issues were "rampant", with users "minting counterfeit digital assets".

"It keeps happening. We would ban offending accounts but it was like we're playing a game of whack-a-mole... Every time we would ban one, another one would come up, or three more would come up...."

Hejazi said his company was keen on protecting content-creators, and may introduce centralised controls as a short-term measure in order to re-open the marketplace, before exploring decentralised solutions.

Attached: kingship_nft_band_universalmusic.jpg (1200x630, 89.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow, who would have thought?

Attached: 1634374685832.gif (480x264, 1.79M)

The whole fucking name is a lie, its not a token, it is fungible. Its amazing this bullshit lie got as much traction as it did.

Does he have to suck dick right before he films to get his lips that red?

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

dont user your debit card but also dont leave a return address. mail fraud is the biggest contributer to identity theft globally

Translation:
>We're done with the scam, time to pull the rug and shut it down

>NOOO DON'T YOU DARE RIGHT-CLICK MY NFT AND RESELL IT!

NOOOOOOOOOOO
I JUST BOUGHT A $30.000 JPEG OF A MONKEY
I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD SELL IT BACK AT A HIGHER PRICE

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1643080049966.jpg (630x630, 28.5K)

It's more about digital artists getting their art "minted" as part of some anime girl collection and sold by some random cryptotards.
Only in the world of Web3.0 can you be enough of a nigger to tell the person you stole from to go fuck themselves. "Should have minted it yourself hue hue."

Attached: wroomwroom.jpg (750x600, 99.43K)

This video is so fucking onions filled and full of fake bullshit buzzwords to make people feel like they are smart it is on par with NFT's themselves. Terrible.

t. NFT buying retard

nice. here's to hoping that the retards who bought into blockchain shit in general lose interest after this

>it is on par with NFT's themselves. Terrible.
Learn to read, redditor.

web3 is the future
NFT's are the future

Attached: tom123.jpg (600x400, 45.18K)

"proper crypto was never tried before"
"it will work this time"

Learn to understand that the guy in the video is explaining the terms of the NFT world. You're a retard if you don't understand that's why he has to mention them. The only reason you'd get angry about it is because you're in on the NFT scam club and don't want normies to know them.

I am calling the video as cringe as NFTs themselves you cocksucker. You are getting upset I called your youtube daddy terrible and and crying about it. Go back where you belong.

Attached: 1638373670732.jpg (1024x1003, 156.42K)

it was working before nfts
it didn't stop working

nfts are just trying to make a raft to sail away on, since they missed the boat on what mattered

This ain't the first market place to shut down bucko. You lost money before

>working
for speculators, criminals, and warlords. there was a brief period around 2014 when you maybe could've made the case for bitcoin as an actual currency, but back then there were like 10,000 users and it could never really scale beyond that.

Attached: sticker.en.png (827x1181, 80.66K)

>"proper speculative trading was never tried before"
>"it will work this time"
Fixed that for you.