This is the creator of the Dillo web browser

Say something nice about him

Attached: chadillo.jpg (600x480, 118.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D1sXuHnf_lo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for creating Dillo!

based
creating a browser must've been fun

this isnt brave...

>find out about cool project I haven't heard of, that has been in development for a long time
>look at changelog/blog
>last update was several years ago
>no explanation of hiatus

anyone else find this depressing?

Attached: 1635005822666.png (600x600, 15.97K)

can it do clickable rotate3d'd divs?

I don’t use dillo but it's a fairly based project

There has been a little bit more activity until around a year ago (the last Dillo commit)
After that it's been pretty much radio silent
I took a look at the mailing lists and I'm pretty sure Jorge hasn't posted anything there since 2019 maybe.
Maybe it's just slowing down for now....but what if it's dead?

Should I create a fork? If yes, some questions need to be answered.
What will it be named? Who will make the logo?

>What will it be named? Who will make the logo?
kek, asking the right questions for a Any Forums project.

I can't even begin to help you with something like this due to having very little domain knowledge, but good luck if you do. web browser complexity has reached the point that a competitor is basically impossible.

In 1999 maybe. Today? I don't think so.
like said
web standards are becoming so complex and bloated that i think it's near impossible to keep up, even for a small team of people.

(continuing)
>web standards are becoming so complex and bloated that i think it's near impossible to keep up, even for a small team of people.
I think only way that I can get around this is refusing to support standards that I don't think should belong in a web browsers.
Maybe only HTML5, JavaScript, CSS3, but that's about it.

I would absolutely back a movement to only use a small subset of web standards.

>reduce browser complexity, possibly allowing competition
>reduce website complexity
>filter normies

I know we've tried this several times before and it never takes off. I'm just saying.

we already have lynx

Isn't Surf better than Dillo? Last I tried both the former at least supported posting on Any Forums.

For me it's Deldo
youtube.com/watch?v=D1sXuHnf_lo

Surf just uses chromium, Dillo is its own thing.
Dillo does not support any kind of JS, NetSurf seems to have some official support, but I don't think either can be used for shitposting.

>suckless
>chromium
kekekekekek

dildo

>chromium
Not sure about that. I have some faint memories it pulled gtk-webkit or something on my gentoo install as a dep. I was actually impressed until it segfaulted.

Aha, I looked at surf.suckless.org, they use webkit, not chromium.
My point was that surf uses one of the big browser engines that have a big team behind them, Dillo is developed by tiny group of people

Watching Andreas Kling (insanely talented programmer) going through like 50 hoops just to get the CSS on one website working 5% better made me realize how fucked browser development is. It's probably simpler to write a full graphical operating system

>Maybe only HTML5, JavaScript, CSS3, but that's about it.
You could reasonably, maybe, implement HTML5.
JavaScript and CSS are absolute fucking nightmares full of inexplicable "design" decisions and riveting edge cases that guarantee your browser will be broken with about a quarter of websites at any given point in time.
"Web" "standards" need to be burned to the ground and started anew. The only problem is getting people to use your shit, so this needs a real visionary.
>Isn't Surf better than Dillo?
Surf literally imports all of Webkit, and sucklessfags larp that it's lightweight because they made a shitty keyboard interface to it instead of clickable buttons.
Suckless is a point on the mental retardation scale, somewhere between "severe" and "how are you even breathing?"