Holy shit...

Holy shit. My boss came into my corner in our open-plan office to tell me they had decided we were going to use Java for our next project and I literally screamed at her and hit the copy of 'Effective Java' out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I just put on my overpriced noise-cancelling headphones. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my boss but I’m literally in shock from the results of that meeting. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are we doing this? This can’t be happening. I’m having a fucking breakdown. I don’t want to believe the world is so 1x. I want a future to believe in. I want Go to be mandatory for all projects and fix our broken core infrastructure. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought the language was really popular on HN???? This is so fucked.

Attached: 1_EB3xnbpUJCp2UuSwsyO0GQ.jpg (900x1200, 251.21K)

>I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do.
You need to think about whether you are a kiddie or a grown up. Kiddies don't get to stay employed. Grown ups get their shit together and apologize.

try my googie googie

O feel for you man. Java sux

>My boss came into my corner in our open-plan office
That gives it away as trolling, right from the start. A useless detail that was added for flavor, I get that. And it relates to the noise-canceling headphones.
But a person in this kind of supposed distress wouldn't think to mention it.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies regardless. Godspeed.

Sir, why you beat my wife, sir? I make her use durgasoft Java! Please do the needful

can't tell if bait or autist

Java is better than Go in every way. It is inconceivable to me why Go was even designed when a language such as Java exists. It doesn't make any sense.

>I want Go to be mandatory for all projects and fix our broken core infrastructure

>go
>fixing anything except a lack of segfaults

Java was a mistake. Go is not a solution to all problems and it has its downsidds but it sure is better in every conceavable mesure than your abomination.

Name one (1) thing that Go does better than Java.

concurrency
tooling
actually, fucking everything

Mid quality bait

Does nobody here recognize the bernie pasta?

Java has threads, futures and parallel streams. That's all you need.
Java tooling (Maven etc) is indeed annoying, compared to Rust, at least. Not sure how it compares to Go.

Performance of I/O
Memory Consumption
Concurrency
Syntax
The design of the language itself is better
Better development experience

The only advantage Java has is the ecosystem it built throughout its years of existence.

my condolences

>Java has threads
Yeah, a maximum of 256 threads per JVM server. Even fucking C# manages to get that number to 1023.

>Yeah, a maximum of 256 threads per JVM server
That only seems to hold for some specific IBM implementation, at least I didn't find any resource mentioning this limit for the general JVM.

ur sweety boss very smart sir good Java

i kekd

how autistic are you? op is having a mental breakdown and you post this