Why aren't you using neovim?

Now that the Neovim ecosystem is powerful than ever, there is no point in using Emacs. Time for Emacs for die the death it should have died ages ago

Attached: neovim-icon.png (300x300, 13.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rwx.gg/tools/editors/neovim/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rwx.gg/tools/editors/neovim/

I'm all for switching out vim, but Neovim is just the wrong direction.
Vis, however, is a beautiful concept.

thinking nuvim is an emacs killer is a great way of demonstrating that you have no idea why emacs is still alive

>emacs isn't just a text editor
so it's bloat?

maybe by 80s standards

interesting, I was just reading about vis the other day. what do you like about it user? I've just been using micro but I was considering giving vis a shot

based micro user

Emacs is already dead. No one is making cool shit for it because Lisp sucks cock. There is no Telescope equivalent on Emacs. Or vim for that matter.

>longform cope
lmao

every time I ask some emacsfag to explain what makes emacs better, all they do is drone on about the beauty of lisp and lisp machines, about the emacs having better packages blah blah. no bro. I don't want an rss feed in my text editor. I just want to edit code and organise my projects

I use vscode

has anyone gone from doom emacs to neovim? gimme the qrd on why I should make the switch

Thanks, but I already use DOOM Emacs

This is one of the stupidest things I've read this year. Impressive job. I will never get those few minutes back.

dumb trash for reddit dorks

Attached: manuel.jpg (781x693, 42.2K)

Pros:
>Lua config instead of Doom's special snowflake CLI you have to use
>More active with new development. Results in useful packages like Telescope that Emacs will never ever get
>Emacs' keybinding scheme has turned out to be a total failure. IE there is no way to set a keybind in minibuffer-mode and then a different keybind in helm-mode and have them work properly because those modes are often active at the same time and Emacs does not give you a way to specify priority. Neovim (vim in general) does not suffer from this. Lispniggers will say there's nothing wrong with this because you can just use the defaults. (yeah right just dont configure anything haha)
Cons:
>Neovim runs out of the terminal so it has the same keyboard event issues as the terminal. IE it can't tell the difference between and . Not neovim's fault but it impacts neovim's usability so it's a problem. Certain terminals like xterm can apparently fix this.

Because I'm using emacs

>telescope
Looks like consult.el from the github.

Im using emacs
Also havent found a good compilation mode like the emacs one

i allready have vim, i dont need some modern nu-rubbish

lua sucks compared to elisp
also lol no magit

It's not even lua. It's like a mix of lua and viml.

the nice part of lua is that its not shitty vimscript. too bad its not a general programming language with emphasis on text editing either