How is mint so good?

How is mint so good?
If you aren't using mint what are you using and why?

Attached: Linux_Mint_logo_without_wordmark.svg.png (1200x1200, 61K)

I use debian because the I don't have the time to update once a month since i'm in boarding school and the "outdated software" is fine for my usecase.

Just installed mint on an old surface pro 4 and its really neat. Touchscreen doesnt work but I'm really interested in learning more

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-02-12 18-06-55.png (1298x772, 132.34K)

It is the best, as someone who's been using Linux since 2005 and went through all the hoops and distros, and settled for Mint since a couple of years as a daily driver, stable, Debian based (guaranteed to work with any software out there), non of ubuntu bs, anti-kike. save yourself the time and try it at least.

I use Mint because it's a good all-rounder distro and mostly maintains itself. That said, it's just that, an all rounder that doesn't excell at anything in particular.

Arch, Gentoo: Lets you tailor the OS to your exact needs, minimizing bloat and packages to manage. Very up to date.

Debian: A bit less intuitive and retard proof than Mint, but even more stable by using older packages.

Fedora: Pretty stable and easy to set up while being more up to date. Also the only implimentation of Gnome that didn't feel needlessly slow.

Any tips on Mint? New user trying to learn more

ubuntu LTS
it is also a just werkz distro
I used debian xfce for a while before but I had to reinstall wangblows for a while for school then I switched back to noobuntu
I did use mint before, its a good distro to get work done on. Everything just works. I needed matlab, ltspice via wine and on and on for school and they all worked out of the box 0 issues
Fugly logo though

Bad fractional hiDPI support, I have 3x 27 inch 4k monitors and I can't get a configuration that works well short of xrandr 1.5x .

KDE does this well, sadly no other DE does.

I see people say good things about Arch. Whats so great?

If you think Mint is good, then you'll shit your pants on how much better MX is.

New school, comin' through.

Attached: Screenshot_20220212_202033.png (1366x768, 294.72K)

I'm rocking Mint Xfce here

Attached: 1644121369808.webm (480x584, 2.14M)

It's because mints cinnamon is being made specifically for it.

never heard of it

There are really no tips or anything, it just works, go with the debain version or ubuntu based. you can change the DE/WM if you didn't like the default ones, but cinnamon is really stable, you can go with MATE or even xfce for more stability.

Sorry, OS Tumbleweed xfce, its the most professional setup

because arch is better

Attached: 20220205_204142.jpg (960x720, 51.03K)

>suddenly all mint users are found stuck on Earth with iToddlers for being transsexuals

>How is mint so good?
Because it literally just werks. It is better than Windows,MacOSX, and 99% of distros.

The only thing people like about Mint is Cinnamon. You can install that on Ubuntu or Debian and you are on a stable OS and not a piece of shit garbage that was Mint

it's a cnny choice so if you like them plump that's your distro