>check DHCP clients
>see nothing outside of the guy's phone out of the ordinary
>notice xbox that wasn't there recently
>guy had mentioned having an xbox
>I too have an xbox though, but it's wired to my modem
>on a hunch go check my xbox's mac address against the one my router is showing
>they are different
>mfw
Real talk, aside from the obvious stupidity of me giving access to my wifi to my next door neighbors, what are my options to rid myself of these parasites? I know I could just change my router's password but then I'd have to reconnect all of my other devices and that seems like a pain. I could just ban their mac addresses as I see them pop up but that would just mean playing whack a mole until they move out in a couple of weeks
What do, Any Forums?

Attached: 1637727582148.png (225x225, 45.98K)

dumbass

Throttle their client to 100kb/s and add retarded amounts of latency

hack his computer and put cp in it. call the glowniggers

do this.

i would suggest not kicking them off because then he'll know you know, also because throttling speeds is a million times funnier.

What's the best way to do this? I have a TP Link
t. Networking newb

>call the glowniggers
No need for that. We are always listening.

wrap router in aluminum foil

Change pass, endure pain or go to jail when he starts downloading cheese pizza or torrents

>I gave out my password. What should I do?
>and no I don't want to change my password
Fucking kill yourself

if you know enough to check MACs of devices attached to your network, there should be an 'access control' or 'whitelist' setting in that interface. whitelist your devices only

TP link may have a section 'bandwith control', should be self explanatory

Just don't be a lazy piece of shit and change your password. That's the price you pay for not having a guest network he could use.

But the router in your microwave

Danke

Either blacklist their mac address or whitelist yours.

eh who cares, unless you have a datacap or something.

I let me neighbor use my wifi, it's something I'd be paying for already anyways.

What happens when you get the email from your ISP that you were torrenting honeypot disney movies on the pirate bay and being cancelled+fined?

you get like 5 strikes, it's not instant jail

my neighbor is a woman (lol) so I don't worry, but it is a real concern for sure

>you get like 5 strikes, it's not instant jail
>my neighbor is a woman (lol) so I don't worry, but it is a real concern for sure
Why do you trust him that much?

did you just misgender my neighbor? I'm taken aback

My asus router lets you set to several different on/off slots per device, time periods where internet to a MAC address doesn't work. So you can straight up do 8 random outages a day per device as part of parental controls.

It's usually in the QOS settings, you can specify a MAC address and assign it bandwidth limits. You usually have to turn off automatic QOS if it's on, and set it to manual.