Microphone Thread

Let's have another one
>What are you using
>what are you driving it with?
>What EQ do you use for your mic?

Attached: GUEST_ff8a7348-901a-49a4-add2-cd0ec71d2c48.jpg (400x400, 16.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1nPxvqlkUUc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sm58 with focusrite 2i2
nothing fancy, does the job

sm48 with focusrite solo
It works

I have to run a preamp to get any usable range from the microphone, how about you?

I do get some range, but I have to enable the Air function on my focusrite and have to set the gain to almost max to be heard at a normal volume, but then if it's on max, it's super sensitive, so you have to get a balance in between. I haven't tested with a preamp, the one in the DAC works for me.

SM7b with Go XLR mini
Really love the proximity effect
vocaroo.com/1nPxvqlkUUc4

Attached: 1576661384_IMG_129856.jpg (500x500, 51.68K)

I have a similar problem. I use a SM58 with an UM2. First, the drivers are shit, I have to find a scret driver from a few years ago. Then, it's too quiet, and finally, if I actually set it to max volume, there is noise (though there is more if I use the default driver).

Would you recommend getting another interface al together or just getting a pre amp? Or what else could I get? I actually have a phantom power, so maybe I will get another XLR cable and test it with that.

SM58 into my UR22mk2, it just werks

Rode NT-1 with Scarlett 2i2
I can hear everything.

AT2020 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo
first XLR mic and DAC I've ever purchased and it was a pretty nice upgrade from a busted up Blue Snowball

Attached: captcha.png (340x152, 9.63K)

>>What are you using
1x Shure e835
2x Audio Technica MB4k
4x Audio Technica MB5k
1x Audio Technica MB6k
>>what are you driving it with?
Beringer XR18
>>What EQ do you use for your mic?
Depends

Attached: xr18.jpg (900x542, 76.99K)

AKG D5 into a Scarlett Solo
generally pretty happy with it, but my personal autism still has a problem with how much other noise it picks up (keyboard). However definitely much better than the sn*wball I had before which picked up literally everything in a 10 mile radius

Why do you all use fancy big microphones that get in the way
Are you all streamers or something

Attached: bsodserval.png (750x702, 415.22K)

sounds freakin' sweet

not really, but I enjoy sounding good to other people, it also doesn't get in my way at all, and I have a triple monitor setup which makes it quite a lot more annoying than it should be...

$10 lapel mic
Connected to the pink hole

a $10 clip on mic from amazon. great sound. but for portabiltiy, my jabra elite 75t ($100 usd on sale from bestbuy). great sound as well.

I host game tournaments as well as stay in video calls during my day job.
Wave Xlr and SM7B combo is pretty top tier if you're just working from home.

>it also doesn't get in my way at all
please share how you accomplish this

Not that user but I have a long rising desk and I place my arm to the far end of my right.
It's pretty easy to move out the way once I'm done.
Some people place the arm from behind heir monitor and go under but I find that too visually distracting.

I'm looking for a mic for videoconferencing/gaming in my living room.
The mic will be above the TV, about 2~3 meters (~9ft) away from me.
It should pick up the least possible sound from my TV speakers.
What mic, or kind of mic, do you guys recommend?

Attached: 1638744837689.png (1322x1800, 1.96M)

realistic expectations

basically what said
I just have a normal sized moveable arm on the right that I can just turn away when I don't need it