Discord is a black hole for information

Discord is a black hole for information.

Attached: IMG_20220212_161936_906.jpg (720x887, 109.7K)

Who cares.

Name one worthwhile software project that uses discord to disemminate information.

it's the same with telegram, so many retards are using either crapware to release their software, I remember seeing heated discussions about how telegram was vastly superior to forum for tech support and software releases...
zoomers are indeed braindead, don't bother arguing with them about best practices, they're used to smartphones ie the devices with the absolute worst UX ever made by mankind, they can deal with spending hours looking for informations they won't find anyway and still don't see why it's a bad thing.

Forums are good for maintaining useful information as long as they aren't owned by someone named Garry.
Fuck you Garry.

>go on discord
>post edgy memes
>say nigger
>never getting banned
Discord isn't fun

Don't use discord. Never have, never will. Its a hillariously sad zoomer problem, like tik tok. No actual grown adult man(non-trans/pedo) uses discord, so conversation of value ever takes place there.

>forum post made by a litereal who
didn't read

>step 1 - make discord server
>step 2 - split server into 40 different channels
>step 3 - ban everyone from making posts except in 3 channels but they can suck my dick to get into others. It doesn't matter if the other channels do nothing, people will still suck my dick to get into it

Discord is fucking awful

>PMed you the solution :)

Attached: 7a49c841d87174436945077acf637cb6.png (511x512, 364.84K)

Discord is good for a friend group of 20 or so people max.

No it's not all people ever do in those is shitpost

telegram is even worse because the search function and everything else is way more limited

a certain Xiaomi ROM community lives there, and the channel is full of bot spam by the admin, have to scroll a mile to find anything useful

This, bring back fucking forums, you can still useful info there that's 20 years old, all the shit on these chat programs will be gone quickly.

The last time I tried to use discord I had this problem. I needed information and I knew it was there. All the wikis, forums, and web pages about the subject kept referring me to the same discord "server". I said fuck it and went in.

I just kept running into walls. All the info I wanted was behind some channel I couldn't see. I couldn't ask a question in the channel dedicated to that because I wasn't "approved". I couldn't even ask in the general chat channel where I saw people talking about what I was interested in.

These fags wanted
>my phone number
>an email address
>2FA
>manual approval by a mod/admin after I did all of the above

Do you want to know what I was trying to find? Pic related. I wanted to verify a combo and maybe watch some clips of people doing it. I just needed to see if I was pressing the wrong button or doing inputs too fast.

Think about this. Some faggot has locked away the combos for a fucking video game character behind 4 verification walls. What is the point in this? We all know what the point is. Some mod got butthurt one day and SHUT IT DOWN.

I'm not sucking some fag's dick just to read a moves list. Why is this information not on the wiki? Why is it not on the forum that died in 2016 when they moved to discord? What's going to happen when the server gets shut down or deleted? All of this shit will just be lost. It's already lost. No one that wants to view it can do so.

Then these fags cry about their precious "community" and game dying. Maybe you'd have more players if you weren't forcing everyone to go through all this BS just to find a game. I don't want to talk to you. I just want to play you fucking faggots.

Attached: rachel_tea.jpg (480x684, 54.3K)

Intentional design so that antifa members don't get arrested

>borrowing knowledge from discords and rewriting it into articles and putting it up on an ad infested fandom wiki

Attached: 94f.png (772x594, 171.7K)

Imagine thinking anything valuable is posted on Discord

now now, dont say it doesnt happen
>be me
>offensive shitpost channel in the computer hub
>discussion of "Hitler is le bad because he was ok!"
>"why is it a thought crime to want a better world for future generations?"
>account disabled 24 hours later

maybe cause you don't have real friends

On discord? nope.

It's better than leaving it to rot in some botnet chat room. I am sick of searching for information on the web only to be referred to a discord chat room. Anyone that archives that type of information should be praised for doing so.

I have archived entire discord channels before. There are some tools for it. If there is anything you care about I suggest you do this before it's gone forever. Most information on discord is worthless. But lots of niche technology people are on there now and it's the primary way they release information. Stuff like FAQs, small software hacks, guides, and all that good stuff is on there. A lot of channels will have a list of links to places like youtube. It makes it easier to find that stuff. Youtube/Google search is so bad now that I can't find it any other way. I can only rely on lists of links like this.

Discord is one of the worst things that ever happened to the web. It managed to finally kill web forums. No one bothers to update wikis anymore. Everyone just assumes discord is going to be around forever and doesn't bother to archive anything.