Is OLED worth the lower brightness for a TV?

Is OLED worth the lower brightness for a TV?

Attached: 6453321_rd.jpg (2271x1781, 633.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XPzM3NDGuSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And the screenburn yea

bump

Yes.

OLED is such an infuriating meme technology that the business jews can exploit its shit lifespan because normies worship blacks.

only people that have never used it think it has a shit lifespan

ITS LITERALLY FACTS
LOOK AT THE FUCKING DATA YOU IMBECILE

yeah it doesn't happen unless you do it intentionally

Yeah.

>*burns in*

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=XPzM3NDGuSc

My OLED is going to be 2 years old this summer, there's no burn-in (hundreds of hours of gaming and I use it as a computer monitor), but a couple of pixels have died... so not perfect.

I personally like my 2018 LG 65" B8 OLED. I have just under 7,000 hours of run time on it and literally 99% of that is with my computer hooked up to it. I'll literally leave it on overnight with a word documents up, or MS Teams.

During lockdown I played WOTLK enough to level 8 level 80s and those hot bars don't move as well.

I can bring up a solid white image and stare 2inches away and see no signs of burn in.

I'd say get a QLED if you have a bright living room and don't want curtains... if you don't mind a dark living.. room get curtains and an OLED.

Even the normiest of the normies I have over tend to comment on the quality. OLED is amazing.

Might be worth waiting on purchasing anything until Quantum Dot OLED proves itself. That seems to be the tech to bring the OLED daylight issues to the next level.

Imagine paying top dollar for a TV that literally rots away before your eyes. I'd be fine with it if it was budget models, but the actual budget sets are LCDs with LED backlights and easily last over a decade if you don't throw shit at them.

he still says it's good tho

bump

OLED is baller. QD-OLED apparently will have better yellows; probably worth the wait as long as you don't mind Samsung's bloat. Anyone complaining about burn-in either doesn't own an OLED or is a dipshit who leaves it on static images for days at a time with max brightness.

If you don't need to swing your laptop against the wall, literally any other laptop will do the same job, but much cheaper.

I want to buy the lg c2. Do you guys think that there will be better tvs that I should buy?

3000-5000 contrast is fine, just kill backlight bleed and IPS glow

oled pixels are burning out regardless of the content displayed, as long as content is displaying it is burning regardless of whether it's static or not
the uniformity of the picture will be gone within 2000 of screen on time due to almost every kind of media that you consume using vignetting

whether you care about it, that's up to you
my displays clock around 3000 hours of screen on time per year
it would matter to me since i do work on my displays