What is the best way to block websites

I find myself procrastinating A WHOLE FUCKING LOT and I figured that the only way that helps me is to block the websites that I procrastinate on.

I use an extension on Firefox and I block the websites through my hosts file. However, that doesn't feel like enough because I can easily unblock the websites. So, I need a few other options to make it a 3-4 layered blockage.

Attached: 28029.jpg (720x899, 221.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/impulse-blocker/
youtube.com/watch?v=C8AHODc6phg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe get a job. That way if you procrastinate you have no source of income.

I procrastinate on school work user but yes working part time might help me get assignments done because I won't have time to slack off. But again, during finals and midterms having a job would be very stressful so I won't be getting one.

The problem is in your head user, not in your computer. You need to learn self-control and discipline.

if you block with your hosts file and still feel that its too easy to unblock then you don't actually want to fix your problem. you need to go into it with the correct mindset if you want to be successful
correct

addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/impulse-blocker/

You got it all wrong anons. "Discipline" and "self-control" all rely on will power. There are scientific studies that show that will power is limited in every human being. Humans are simple creatures: you don't blame a crack addict for his lack of self discipline, you cut his source of crack to cut his addiction.

It's like those rat experiments where the rat always chooses the heroine laced water instead of the regular water.
youtube.com/watch?v=C8AHODc6phg

Disconnect ethernet.

Assignments require online research most of the time, can't do.

I have thought about doing similar before but it won't work. Like says, self control is the only way. Anything you setup automatically means you will know how to disable it and you will.

wear programming socks and get into a productive mindset

Yeah maybe a simple blocker to stop you from mindlessly browsing a website is good. If you're deliberately trying to kill time, which it sounds like you're doing, it ain't gonna do shit.

user you're implying that self control and unblocking my websites are different things. I also need to have a bit of self control to not unblock my websites. Straight up not blocking requires more self control though.

You can train self discipline, it's the only way to actually fix the problem. We're not rats, we're people, we can chose the better move. The rats don't know what heroin is (or what it does to them) they just like the one that feels better in the moment.
OP needs to try a bit harder, even if it seems like it's for nothing, sooner rather than later, its difficulty decreases.

Your routers hostfile.

I'm not killing time per se user. You see I always get my work done but I also always do it late. Procrastination is not a problem, it's a very effective solution brought on by evolutionary pressure. But my grades are 65 - 80ish all the time and I don't really learn stuff. Plus doing things at last minute is always stressful.

So even though procrastination "works" it's not ideal for me.

Surely we're different from rats because we can prevent ever consuming heroine. But I'm already on that shit right now, the internet is my heroine. So it's hard to just stop not doing heroine you know. Take coomers for example (me being one), why is it so hard to fucking stop? Self discipline doesn't help not cooming, the best way is to get a chastity lock and hide the key somewhere. Same method as picrel.

You can't always try harder user, you'll burn out eventually.

Attached: 516JUOAmVGL._AC_SY580_.jpg (500x482, 33.67K)

getcoldturkey.com

That will block the website for my family too though, can't have that.

Your machine's hostfile

Yes I blocked it on that, read the op