Do you remember when Windows became a bad operating system?

Do you remember when Windows became a bad operating system?

Attached: UXDeesktop.png (1024x600, 911.93K)

Windows started to suck after 98

Windows 2000 was the first and last good one

>NEW WINDOWS BAD
>OLD WINDOWS GOOD
can't wait till people talk about how good ol' win 10 was the best windows.

I remember 7 being the best thing since sliced bread, and OEMs abruptly pulling the plug on OOB support around 2013, which made downgrading a nightmare, until they realized their mistake and stopped trying to force everyone over to 8.
So yes, I remember Windows 8.

Windows was never good.
XP was acceptable.

Vista was amazing and I wish more Windows went down its path.

7 felt like the beginning of Windows for the uninitiated.

how old are you

>1GB ram required
Both vista and 7 were bloated garbage.

Vista was pure SOVL, and I'm not entirely nostalgiafagging, I used it, it's as good as 7, it just looked better and did a few things better. It's a shame it got neglected in favor of a rehash because of a rough launch. 2000 also got rehashed for MUH HOME USERS when really if they just made a 2000 Home Edition it would've been better.

After xp

/thread

Does it even matter? Vista is better than 7.
Honestly they should've told the OEMs "2GB or fuck off and ship XP" and 7 wouldn't have even happened.

Yes

Attached: windows-me-boot-splash.png (1292x592, 174.93K)

XP was the beginning of the end

>windows (you)

I had this lmao

What made it bad? Was my first OS ever

Windows95. It sucked and went downhill from there.

XP sp4

2007 when Vista launched. That's when I switched to Linux.

unironically, this OS was the best i could get it to work on a machine I had back in 2001 that originally had W95. It ran smoothly despite all its flaws. good enough to let me play AOE2 and Scumm games.

windows became shit when 7 came out. Vista was the perfect OS.

any particular reason?

Slower and more prone to failures than a granny with chronic back pain trying to cross the street.

R.I.P. Windows 7 was the last good OS ever made Linux is only just almost getting close with Wayland Pipewire and GNOME to the level of polish it had