Sends Any Forums into back breaking mental gymnastics and cope

>sends Any Forums into back breaking mental gymnastics and cope

Attached: Apple_new_m1_chip_graphic_11102020.jpg (1400x1400, 103.14K)

weaky weaky baito desu ne
you can do better m9

Attached: noa.gif (380x496, 2.56M)

shit troll, most people on Any Forums agree M1 is good

A few months ago I would've disagreed. Just picked up a m1 Pro, and it's ridiculous how fast it is.

i am deeply concerned about ARM replacing X86-64 though.

>i am deeply concerned about ARM replacing X86-64 though.
you really should not, once you bring feature-parity with x86, ARM uses as much energy and is not more reliable.
alos x86 is nothing more than a spec just like with ARM specs, amd/intel can very well remove/add features effectively segmenting their offers, they're curently aren't doing it because they don't need to, but expecte the platform to change a lot if ARM is gaining traction (it currently isn't, you have nothing to fear)
ARM can't and won't replace x86 for desktop and server

>ARM can't and won't replace x86 for desktop and server
Why?

>desktop
because there is no ARM vendor in this space that cover traditional desktop users needs (scsi/sata port, usb extension, pci slots, socketed cpu/ram), same for workstations.
>server
because ARM servers with similar levels of features (ipmi, lots of pci, 30+W fans, u.2 connectors, etc) costs as much and require as much power to run.
also the server world has a lot of inertia and changing hardware would cost lots of time, energy and money.
it's gaining some traction somehwat because of (((le cloud))) but beyond that noone is seriously using ARM, cloudflare tried but did a 360°C noscope and went back to x86 when they realize the humougous amount of work they had to do to port their software stacks.
x86 is perfectly fine and apple appearance in the cpu market can only boost intel and amd and force them to invest more in r&d, x86 is a multiple trillion dollar market and it's not changing anytime soon.
objectively, nothing is preventing ARM from replacing x86 but realistically it has no reason to happen

>because there is no ARM vendor in this space that cover traditional desktop users needs (scsi/sata port, usb extension, pci slots, socketed cpu/ram), same for workstations.

>Implying the CIA niggers won't just take it all away from us.

>Implying the CIA niggers won't just take it all away from us.
it's not the cia niggers but the ultra-greedy kikes who fear user freedom because it brings incertaincy which is what they hate the most.
they know all top1000 companies are overvaluated by a lot, they have to know when one of them will fall apart and they need to be able to predict sales, that's the only reason why they make hardware as garbage as possible and softwares as locked as possible.

All modern processors are RISC since Pentium I believe (see "microarchitecture"), x86 just maintains a translation layer for backwards compatibility. And that layer is not a bottleneck. The real reason the M1 is so energy efficient is that it's an integrated SOC, whereas x86 CPUs are only sold in parts. It's not that ARM is inherently superior, it's that Intel really, really sucks. Also, Apple only chose ARM because they already had experience building iPhone SOCs.

so cute

*x86 systems are sold in parts

iToddlers BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!

>All modern processors are RISC since Pentium I believe (see "microarchitecture"),

wut

>ARM can't and won't replace x86 for desktop and server

Attached: AWS-a1.4xlarge-Graviton-v-Intel-Xeon-AMD-EPYC-ThunderX2-c-ray.jpg (887x546, 35.96K)

That's correct, x86 instructions are decoded into simpler internal instructions since Pentium. CISC is dead since the early '90s.

this does not prove anything, what's your point?

>Good
M1
>Battery
Non-replaceable Battery
Non-replaceable SSD
>Neutral
Good but expensive screen, case, keyboard and speakers.

>Baddery

Why yes OP, I love spending $1500 on an entry level laptop with nand chips soldered directly to the motherboard, that go bad after 5-10 years and require you to buy a new laptop. I love non-upgradable things with short lifespans that cost lots of money. Why wouldn't I? What good is my income if I'm not donating it to a cartoonishly evil tech company that wishes for me to live in a pod and eat the bugs?
Posted from my 5,1 Mac Pro (srs)

>Non-replaceable Battery
Is there a laptop with a replaceable battery? Even my older ThinkPad from 2019 does not have a replaceable battery.

Boomers and software.

>there a laptop
*a modern laptop