Thoughts on chromebooks? I'm thinking of buying the cheapest chromebook I can find

Thoughts on chromebooks? I'm thinking of buying the cheapest chromebook I can find.

Attached: chromebook.jpg (2048x1365, 260.14K)

Why would you buy that.

only if you want a crappy paperweight

The UX is just perfect. The UI is dogshit material crap god I hate that style so much. I'm not a boomer but when even Microsoft can come up with Fluent and you still stick with that dogshit something is terribly wrong

I bought one and put arch on it. Works good.

what for ?
its just a huge android tablet with a keyboard

How poor are you that you have to "consider" before making a $200 purchase? Tell you what, I'll buy one right now just to throw into the garbage.

This so much. Flatshit is dying. I put up with the slowness of windows 11 just because the ui is that much better.

I've owned a few. Both arm and x86. They're utterly useless.

I've been considering for 2 months or something which computer to buy. I can afford an imac or whatever. But I'm tired of phoneposting and tired of considering so I might just get the cheapest computer I can find which is probably a chromebook.

You do realise its just an elaborate web browser? You can't use it like a normal pc

get a used thinkpad

Ok but I mostly use the browser anyway. I use paint and notepad sometimes.

Get one then. Works well for you. A computer is a tool and this one will fit your needs. No reason to spend more money or get a Thinkpad or whatever.
You can use website replacements for paint and notepad, and you can also install a native suite of apps from the web store. You can also download Android and Linux applications.

i've been using an Acer C720 for 6 1/2 years.

It is the best single device. I've ever owned. Just make sure to install your *nux. chromeos is trash.

I had a cheap windows laptop which broke. I want something better than that this time. But I might get a chromebook in the meantime just to have something for shitposting. Also what do you mean you can do on a windows computer or mac which you can't do on a chromebook? I might wanna connect a piano later but I'll probably buy a better computer later.

Why would you buy one if you hate the OS?

>It is the best single device. I've ever owned.
Fucking retard putting a period in the middle of a sentence. Opinion discarded.

like a phone with a keyboard

You can run most Linux software on ChromeOS, and you can download any android application.
Connecting your piano/MIDI keyboard won't be an issue. Obviously, if you're going to use a DAW or anything, you might want higher-tier specs.
You can do basically anything on a Chromebook, the reason people think otherwise is that originally it was literally just a browser OS, and the hardware they tend to come with doesn't lend itself well to doing whatever. So if you get one with specs that a Windows laptop would have (like 8GB of RAM and an i3) then you can do anything

For cheap hardware. Changing OS is trivially easy.

sorry fren i'm phoneposting at my inlaws, bout to hop on a cruise ship spend 7 days eating and FUCKING

you discard chromeos and install arch or whatever. x86 is x86.

Lenovo 10e tablet plus keyboard is dirt cheap as they're on sale and reviews are pretty gud for what they are.

If your phone has MHL you can skip buying another computer and connect your phone to any display you like with a cheap adapter.