What's the oldest computer you still use today?

Daily or even semi-regularly. Pic related, 12 year old HP laptop

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-02-12 10-48-57.png (786x533, 72.03K)

Your run gnome on that??? Dude my modern computer has performance issues with that

Yeah honestly it’s not awful. At some point I need to replace the HDD with a SSD and upgrade the RAM. Outside of the ungodly lengthy boot times, once it’s idling on desktop it’s usable.

i have a laptop that manufactured in 2012 with 2 gb ram, i5 first gen ATI Radeon HD 5470. i use it as a home server.

I still have a T500 for my laptop, forget whether that's from '08 or '09.

2008, hot damn. How's that machine run for you? What do you use it for?

My old Sony laptop that I bought in 2011 and turned into a server after i spilled beer on the keyboard (and last time I tried using the touchpad it didn't work). I don't actually use it but it does stuff for me every day.

Attached: Screenshot_20220212_101448.png (894x644, 67.84K)

Dope. I had a similar machine ('cept it was another old HP lol) that I bought in like '07 and ran til about 2014. Spilled a glass of tea on it in 2010/2011, couldn't boot it without mashing random keys during startup otherwise it would black screen and beep until I let the battery die or forced it off lmao. Was also missing some keys so that made the keymashing fun. Scraped my fingertips pretty good.

well I'm silly enough to run Gentoo on it, so updating it is a "let it run overnight" sort of deal sometimes. Other than that, though, it's fine. I run Openbox on it, not a full-fat DE. For the light-duty stuff I do on a laptop its fine.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 20.20.18.png (682x477, 83.27K)

Asus 1640z bought in 2006 i think

HP 2000 Notebook (2011 iirc)
Came with Windows 7, at once point installed Gentoo, now runs Artix with Runit using only like 90mb RAM on startup in TTY and 150-ish with i3wm

Attached: neofetch.png (1272x965, 2.09M)

That's fair. I imagine using a full on DE as opposed to a WM/WM-DE hybrid would probably slow it down to an even more sluggish crawl. Once I get a decent SSD and manage to max this laptop out at a stunning 8GB DDR2 800mhz, I'm thinking of doing something similar, either Gentoo, Arch, KISS, one of those diehard DIY distros.

Another CPU from '08, very nice user. I'm not keen on macOS (having had to use it for work for the past 5 years), but how's it run on that old hardware? Any issues?

Specs?

Only recently retired the C2D my gf was using as a HTPC. Now it's a nearly-as-old i5-3570.

Slick, user.

different user, but i use one too.

its been upgraded to have 8gigs of ram, and a dual core T9400.

the only thing i have a problem with it compile times, but usually just let it compile while i sleep.

Understandable. What OS do you run on it?

i've run all kinds of GNU/Linux distros on it, they have all worked well. currently im running debian stable. desktop environments have not been a problem for my machine at all. any distro will run great.

Glad to hear it - more incentive for me to make the jump. Bet that 8 GB really makes the difference.

I still have my old gateway 2000 that has XP on it. I should pull it out and load loonix on it for teh lulz

it makes it comfy to live with. slap libreboot on it, and youre golden.