Is tech more expensive in Sweden than in America...

Is tech more expensive in Sweden than in America? I often see prices in youtube videos and threads and then it's 50% more expensive or something here in Sweden.

Attached: hp-chromebook-11-g5-med-touch-beg.jpg (800x800, 34.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redstagfulfillment.com/universal-postal-union-treaty/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tech hardware is usually more expensive in Europe because shipping and taxes

I was trying to find a laptop for taking notes but they're all worth two months worth of salary. It is bullshit.

US prices often don't include VAT so they appear to be lower than they actually are.

>Is tech more expensive in Sweden than in America?
it's more expensive in Serbia, so probably

Americans don't pay shipping?

the us postal service subsidizes transport costs from china, despite the "trade war" narrative. I don't understand americans

European tech is always more expensive especially with VAT faggotry

>Chemical tax
>Cassette tax
>Import tax
>Sales tax
This is just a few of the taxes swedes pay when buying electronics.

Mostly because of VAT.

No I'm talking about youtubers and anons in threads, why would they not include vat?

Americans don't have vat?

Some do some dont.

much less and some states have none at all.

Because that's how Americans do prices
same with their salaries

Pretty sure Americans don't include sales tax in the sticker price.

Trump actually did something about that. It's part of why international shipping rates went up, other than lockdowns fucking up the supply chains. He threatened to break the entire shipping agreement so everyone agreed to renegotiate the rates.

>The US planned to pull out of the treaty a year after the initial announcement unless UPU members agreed to revisions. In September 2019, the Universal Postal Union convened a meeting and hammered out a deal. The organization’s members agreed to rate changes. In return, the United States agreed to remain in the UPU. International shippers breathed a sigh of relief.
>redstagfulfillment.com/universal-postal-union-treaty/

No we have state and local sale taxes. The combined rates range from 0 to ~10%

We don't have VAT in the US, you dumb chimps.
Stay poor.

Attached: 1644681912258.jpg (2100x2831, 2.02M)

It's more expensive everywhere compared to america

The prices you see in burgerland aren't what they seem, it's always $399+tip+taxes*

And tariffs. The US excluded a bunch of computer and electronics components from tariffs, but Trump increased the types of goods subject to tariffs (made in China) in 2019.