Read the sticky: >GNU/Linux questions >>Any Forumsfglt
>Windows questions >>Any Forumsfwt
>PC building? >>Any Forumspcbg
>Programming questions >>Any Forumsdpt
>Shitty & Cheap Laptops >>Any Forumstpg
>Shitty & Cheap electronics >>Any Forumscsg
>Shitty & Cheap headphones >>Any Forumshpg
>Shitty & Cheap """server""" questions >>Any Forumshsg

How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous thread:

Attached: sqt.jpg (318x341, 22.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scilogs.spektrum.de/hlf/mental-cryptography-and-good-passwords/
arxiv.org/abs/1404.0024
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is this piece that is screwed into the black plastic piece above it? I have a light stand that looks just like the one in pic related and I want to repurpose it as a tablet holder but I need this fucking piece that I can't find anywhere.

Attached: file.png (696x768, 141.63K)

can vm prevent ransomware?
for example if I fucked up something on linux vm run on windows will windows safe?

>manjaro updated and died
What distro should I hop to that won't kill itself when it updates?

Kubuntu LTS

In that sense, yes.

How hard is it to learn Any Forums's API? I want to automatically reply to a schizo that uses the same image hash in his posts

I am having trouble with my school's wifi this semester for some reason. In the past I just used the public wifi network they had set up because I couldn't really be assed to set up the software for the private one, but now for some reason I can only access google and my school's home page when connected to it. Someone using windows told me that they had the same issue and that the private wifi for students didn't do that for him. My problem is that I'm using Debian, and the software the school provides doesn't work so I am expected to use two CA certificates to be able to log in, but the NetworkManager applet only lets me use one at a time. Any ideas about what software I could use to do this?

Attached: apu computer.png (1508x892, 170.93K)

are you gonna tell him to kys? I bet that would really make him think.

laptop bios battery boot question

about 2 years ago on recommendation from a friend because my apartment was having power surge issues, he said so i dont fry my laptop battery or soemthing i should disable the battery in the bios or the settings
problem is i cant remember waht i did to disable it

i didnt think twice about it at the time because i used that laptop almost exclusively plugged in but now its a problem that the battery doesn't charge at all, just perpetually at 0%

anyone got a clue to what i changed, because i can't remember what i did and i wanna be able to have the battery charge again

I don't know what laptop you have, but using Thinkpads as a reference, if you have a config tab in your bios, the battery settings should be there in the power settings. As far as the battery being at 0% constantly, you might be able to get software to re-calibrate it from the manufacturer's website, but as a guy who has family who used their laptops constantly plugged in, there's a really good chance your battery is fucked.

can someone recommend me a decent fan controller for my case fans? I can't set them to run on a curve based on GPU temps.
i asked on pcbg but it is full of faggots who give me non-answers.

if you do learn the API, please set it to automatically troll and bully all the kpop avatarfags. troon jannies refuse to ban them for whatever reason.

I want to put a bigger heatsink on my raspberry pi 4's CPU. To get it to fit, it has to clear the gpio pins and the USB/Ethernet ports, which means it has to be about 2cm above the surface of the CPU.
This gives me two options:
>Use a 1x1x2 cm block of aluminium (left)
>bend a heatpipe (right)

Option 2 has several disadvantages. I would need to buy the heatpipe (about 10€) and bend it without destroying it (which apparently isn't that easy). For that reason I want to know if option 1 would give me sufficient heat transfer.

Attached: heatsink on pi.png (1781x485, 6.1K)

Need help assembly anons.
What does 28 and 69 mean here. Are they the numerical instructions that the mnemonics LOAD and ADD replace? conjused.jpg

Forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-12 222254.png (609x86, 29.42K)

Yeah. CPU reads machine code, i.e. numbers. Remembering tons of numbers is hard, so we assign words to them (like LOAD).
Sometimes the same word correspond to different numbers based on the arguments.
example in 8051 assembly:
ADD A, R0 is 0x28, ADD A, R1 is 0x29, and ADD A, #0xFE[/code} (adding an immediate value of 0xFE) is 0x24 0xFE.
All use the mnemonic ADD, but the correspond to different opcodes.

But the numbers these words replace are not binary. Ex: 69 is replaced by add?

>>bend a heatpipe (right)
hahaha good luck

>I want to know if option 1 would give me sufficient heat transfer.
Sufficient for what? Numbers, motherfucker, use them.

is it ok to have thousand's worth of electronics powered by an ungrounded outlet?
I would say yes since I've been doing it for years without noticing, but what should one do? Don't wanna pay to have extra wires installed

How do I remove the stock stickers from keycaps? Want to remove the obvious esc, ctrl, shift, etc.

Attached: .png (800x510, 176.35K)

What's a Any Forums approved mediawiki managed hosting service? I need a small wiki for a niche community and I don't wanna manage a VPS installation myself if it can be avoided.

I work in a secure workspace, and need to remember a lot of passwords, including four different windows sign-ons (two networks, one normal logon and one admin logon each) Naturally, I can't install whatever I want, so I don't have access to a password manager. I also have the usual corporate password rules, and have to change it every quarter.

What is a good way to generate good secure passwords and record them that isn't just a paper notebook in that case?

These are usually not stickers, but laser-printed gummy shit. You can gently scrape it off with a craft knife or attack it with super fine sanding cloth.
If it were me I'd just take all the keys off and rattle can the fuck out of them

Option one probably not since it has a big thermal mass to RETAIN heat rather than disperse it

Option two doesn't even sound like it would work

I would just use a very tall heatsink, then bend and clip the plates outward

>These are usually not stickers, but laser-printed gummy shit
Shit. I tried a stanley knife and tweezers, but the cap was getting slightly scratched. Guess I'll just leave it. Thanks.

How can I record "quality" audio with my phone?

I've heard that, unless your phone supports Camera2 API and it's manufacturer enables certain features, you will only ever get JPEG files from your camera. You won't be able to shoot RAW and the PNG file a third-party camera app gives you is just a converted JPEG.
I'm wondering if this is the case for audio too. If I use an audio recorder app to get a WAV file, is that a lossless audio stream or just a converted AAC stream?

You could go the opposite route and just apply stickers on top. Why do you want to remove the caps anyway? You'll get the highest quality answers if instead of asking how to do a process, you ask how to achieve an objective

scilogs.spektrum.de/hlf/mental-cryptography-and-good-passwords/

There's also arxiv.org/abs/1404.0024 by the same author, I haven't read it though. May be an updated version