Be CS major from target university

>be CS major from target university
>top half of my course, long history of projects + internships
>apply to SWE internships at tech companies
>1 coding exam, 0 interviews, 0 offers

>apply to trading internships at finance companies and consulting with same tech CV
>5 interviews, 2 offers from bulge bracket + 1 big 4 + waiting for a few more responses

why is the tech industry like this, my dream has always been working in the tech industry but they just won't let me

Attached: file.png (180x179, 13.71K)

it's literally full
you are competing with tens of millions of foreign graduates, most of whom were groomed from a young age specifically to get american tech jobs

That's what it feels like, especially cause most people in my university didn't get jack either, feels like we're competing against the entire world for about 10 spots on an internship program

Go IT, a lot less competition, thats how i got my job, programming jobs are oversaturated

I'm in Europe and I kind of feel the same way user. Tech companies don't seem interested unless I lie about my race or something.
Consulting/business boomers on the other hand are reaching out to me and telling me how impressive my CV is. I might just go into that line of work if software is so oversatured with pajeets.

I'm not sure. Thought about changing jobs recently and there seemed to be so many jobs it was hard to narrow down the ones I should apply for.
Not sure what you guys are going on about.

It's not the lack of work to apply for, it's that the positions available will give priority to visa applicants competing with you for the same job.

can't relate.
Google and Meta alone hire 50% of cs newgrad at my univ, median salary starting at 120k.

What's your job currently?

Attached: 1644672051257.jpg (613x566, 62.97K)

Nah. Now that travel is restricted it's much easier. Had companies call me back the same week I sent my CV telling me that I was a priority candidate because I already lived in the same city and if I could pass by their office soon.

>restrictions
there are no more restrictions for the vaxed here, which is the majority of people looking to work abroad

>google and meta
contributing to the beast system and selling your soul to them isn't worth the money

I obviously don't know your exact circumstances. At least here in London it seems easier than ever to find a job.

>london
I got an offer to relocate from my country to london to work as a junior sysadmin for 22K pounds, that seems pretty pathetic. Is it even possible to survive in London on that?

Linux sys engineer, i graduated also with cs but finding a programming job was way to difficult, a lot of competition, i dont even get a response when sending my CV

Maybe I'm a bit spoiled because I'm in ML. Although IIRC there was also a big demand in database sys engineering, which might be more your cup of tea.

There are obviously lots of jobs, but comparing how fierce competition for top companies is across multiple industries, CS is really competitive

Well at first i wanted a programming job because i enjoy it the most and invested a lot of time on it, when i graduated i couldnt even get an interview which sucked afterwards told myself to try Linux engineer and i got the job so easily and fast, i think i sent like only for two job postings and got hired, now i prefer again programming but here the pay is literally the same.

>Is it even possible to survive in London on that?
barely, you'll need to do a side-hustle or like in squalor, though it depends on where exactly the job is

Office is in "central london"

You could probably do it by living in the outskirts and just commuting more

Yeah but WFH software engineering jobs in my country are offering 37K euro starting for new grads.
I think they're looking to pull in some pajeet or something who doesn't care about living in a squalor with 20 other pajeets in central london.

Yeah, they're just far more easily impressed, me doing CS and have projects is already something mind-blowing to many of them and sets me out from the crowd, apart from the occasional question of are you sure you like your CS degree, it was chill and they liked my technical/data driven nature

when you apply job in BigTech, always remind that you are going to compete with people like this.

Attached: vagetables_will_kill_your_belly.png (1448x760, 130.03K)

>pajeet university
>some pozzed american university
That would go straight into the trash if it were my boomer boss reviewing applications.

Which country is that?

Bjarne works for Morgan Stanley btw
Take the finbro pill, get laid, get lots of cash
Don't be a FAANG nerd autists incel