"waaa waaa Java sucks and lacks critical programming constructs but you should apply its concepts to other languages...

>"waaa waaa Java sucks and lacks critical programming constructs but you should apply its concepts to other languages nonetheless, even if don't they suck as bad as the aforementioned!!!"
this book was never about (efficient) programming
smelled the fraud first time he mentioned his iToddler desktop device

Attached: cleancode.jpg (378x500, 23.36K)

I want to murder any faggot involved with agile and scrum

the golden standard
cope script shitters

at least they're not street shitters

It's a self help book user, not a text book.

>"let's see the definition of *buzzword* on my MacBook™"
stopped reading there

>shit poojet language lacks convention for output arguments like the superior C# (out keyword) or C++ (non-const lvalue reference) have
>"functions with 1+ argument are le BAD!"
Pathetic

You should have smelled the fraud because of the word "Agile" on the cover.

>the golden standard
How can it be the golden standard if nobody applies it? It's just words like our replies in this thread.

If you want to make NEETs seethe really hard, just force them to read that book

What are some alternatives? people have been recommending "Philosophy of Software Design" but I don't think it's beginner friendly, it's short and doesn't have much examples which is the complete opposite of Clean Code,
>Code Complete
never read it, old and may be outdated
>The Pragmatic Programmer
old and uuuh the content is just "be good don't be bad" like okay tell me fucking how.
what other books are there?

it's a pretty shitty book, no lie. OO was a mistake; we must return to fp.

>What are some alternatives?
Using common sense and keeping things as simple as possible instead of following cult books.

>common sense
Now that's as much of a meme as Clean Code.

ironically Clean Code is a book that explains common sense that otherwise might have gotten lost under worse practices
it's only a "cult" book because Cniles and functards can think only through the prism of cult following, treating everything either as absolute gospel or absolute heresy

normal people read books like Clean Code or blogs like Yegor's and make their own conclusions which parts what seems ignorable (e.g. TDD) and which will work for them (e.g. shorter and better named functions). And even then, application can still be circumstantial, e.g. working on legacy code with a 2000-line method and there just isn't time to refactor and retest all that shit so you just add 30 lines more and move on with life

Genius! Why haven't we thought about this earlier? Just use common sense, everybody!

>OO is intuitive
>Here's 40 design patterns you must learn before you're able to make sense of spaghetti code, instead of having code read left-to-right top-to-bottom like you've been reading since primary school

>having code read left-to-right top-to-bottom like you've been reading since primary school
we've been thinking about the world in terms of objects since the day we were born. check mate.

>Here's 40 design patterns you must learn before you're able to make sense of spaghetti code
blame universities for being detached from reality

>instead of having code read left-to-right top-to-bottom like you've been reading since primary school
this only works for very linear programs

You want an alternative? Systematic Programming: An Introduction
is the way to go. It reads easily, gets straight to the point, and will have you thinking about algorithmic problems in an organized way.

>raviolli code of disorganized 5 line functions spread across multiple files and life-supported to the structure of an orthogonal graph of data is the way to go

Code Complete 2 is perhaps the most reasonable book on the subject.
It covers many topics but the coding style advice is solid.
I keep recommending it to anyone entering the profession.