Anyone have ereader recommendations besides amazon? any opinions regarding kobo...

anyone have ereader recommendations besides amazon? any opinions regarding kobo? seems to be the only alternative to amazon

Attached: 63231BA6-A145-4C89-858C-98680475734D.jpg (956x1500, 121.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onyxboox.com/product
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had a Kobo Glo for a long time and it was great. I think its successor is the Kobo Clara HD.

I only ever loaded it with content through a desktop software called Calibre that you can use to manage your pirated/bought epub files.

My next ereader will definitely be a Kobo again.

there are some kobo models where you can install linux, its called inkbox and is very cool, but you need a kobo with internal sd card slot like kobo touch

the libra 2 is really solid, would wholeheartedly recommend it
the only reason i would get anything else is if they made a really solid color ereader

I use an Onyx, have had it 10 years now still works great onyxboox.com/product

Kobo Libra H2O is the perfect option

Attached: Kobo_EReaders_1LW4046778_HeroSquare-ea9a5889b98f49fa8e64f46c7199f5b8.jpg (780x780, 79.96K)

Never buy onyx. It is cheap and buggy chinese garbage sold at a premium to redditors and the battery will die fast.

pocketbook

>seems to be the only alternative to amazon

There is Boox also, my Boox max 2 has been great. You don't have to have any additional software, it will read just about any file you put into it, just drag and drop.

Not a redditor here and nothing wrong with mine. Battery is going on 4 years without a problem.

Thoughts on kobo aura one for 120€? For manga and pdfs

Had a Paperwhite and a Kobo Libra H2O, both were great but I just preferred the convenience of reading on my phone, having to carry a single device and being able to scroll the pages on my phone, rather than turning on a reader.
So maybe give that a try before buying a reader.

God's on your side

kobo libra2

Kobos in general are good because it's super easy to pirate shit onto them. They're kinda fragile though, so I'd suggest being careful around them. I'd suggest avoiding amazon etc because you can often only read shit if it's from their proprietary stores.

I ain't paying no fucking debt man

i would prefer a device i can read without my eyes becoming strained/sore.

what are you on about?

>recommendations besides amazon?
There's Pocketbook. They support all of the major formats, and have a cloud system where you can store and sync your sideloaded books
>any opinions regarding kobo?
Picked up a used Glo HD last year and it's been great! It still gets updates, and is speedy enough for reading comics. Upgraded the storage to 32GB too

Attached: 410ZN--f6jL._AC_SS450_.jpg (450x450, 19.37K)

You mean its a good ereader/price kek?

i’m just truly tired of carrying books.

Does Kobo make it easy to add and remove pirated pdfs through a simple comfy plug in USB and copy file into folder method?

Also does it render epub nicely? Those are supposed to look good on e-readers but have always been a mess on Kindle in my experience.

Yup, Kobo has 0 issues with you dumping PDFs into it via a simple USB plug and being able to view them seconds later.

t. comfy kobo user