Go to CS uni

>go to CS uni
>learn everything from youtube tutorials
If you want to write programs dont go to CS

Attached: tbn93dbt9vw41.png (960x551, 122.3K)

nice try I'm still not hiring bootcamp "graduates"

>go to CS uni
>use student status to apply for internships
>intern
if you want to write programs go to CS

you will hire the code academy graduates chud

I'm going a bachelor in business IT, focused on programming. Not american.
I thought it was going to be a bullshit degree where I just get paid for studying and can just jerk off at home (that's how it works here) but I've learned a surprising amount. The business portion of the studies is retarded and extremely obvious aside from the terminology, but all the CS related stuff is pretty good. No math at all except for business math course.

Anyway, the problem is that you're american and enjoy your debt.

>just waste another 4 years on listening to professors bro, you already wasted 13 on public education you can do 4 more
I dont live in the muttland

>be a bootcamp graduate
>have a couple of courses in programming on top of that
>get a nice paying job
>no debt
feels goodman

It was never about learning to "write programs"
you clearly missed the point of it all entirely

But thats okay, codemonkey

>Low IQ doesn't realise he's hiring Udemy graduates.
No way they let you hire

Attached: 1502661503945.jpg (653x777, 49.21K)

Yeah the point is to learn how computers work bottom-up. I didnt sign up for this.
>codemonkey
Ofcourse I am since I have to self-teach everything anyway. Your courses are worthless.

Serious question: How can tech companies afford to hire americans/europeans?
The work can be done remotely. There is a near-infinite number of asian, african, south american graduates they can choose from, most of whom are harder working, better trained, and significantly cheaper to hire, and these disparities only seem to be increasing.

i don't get it. How are salaries remaining so high within the most accessible and easily-outsourced industry on the planet?

>m-muh NAND GATES AND SHIT

>outsource
>get shit code
>product is delayed / not working / constant headaches

>There is a near-infinite number of asian, african, south american graduates they can choose from, most of whom are harder working, better trained, and significantly cheaper to hire, and these disparities only seem to be increasing.
They're absolute morons though. Working in tech has woken me up to racial differences. No matter how many hours those people work on things, it still rarely and barely functions and costs way more to maintain than just doing things right the first time.

>Yeah the point is to learn how computers work bottom-up. I didnt sign up for this.
no, its not
I'm guessing you're one of those students who over looked the non-programming content as "filler" and only studied what you had to for assessments. waste of a degree.
you did not need to go to uni to learn what you did learn, that's true, you also you did not learn what you should have.

>didnt learn what I should have
like?

what your degree is about for starters

Its called "Informatics" in my cunt
Its essentially CS and as profs say its a slimmed copy of Stanford's degree.

this is a meme. There are milions and millions of well-trained asian tech graduates, with millions more each year.
Even if western companies just took the top 0.1% of them, you would expect it to collapse wages (like every other industry).
But they hire way more than that, and wages are staying high (while the hopefuls crawl over each other for a chance to get hired at a lower payrate) I don't understand it at all

If you don't know what a context-free language is, or what PSPACE is, or what an AVL tree is, you didn't learn CS. CS is not writing web applications in the framework of the month.

>wikipedias those 3 things
ok, done. am I CS now?

You study them in college because it takes time, effort, and good professors to learn (Wikipedia is terrible at explaining things).

And I cant learn any of these in a 30m youtube video?
And when exactly I am going to use these concepts?

you need to know how and when to use them
if I give you a non trivial problem, will you be able to come up with the appropriate solution?
then you can be 'CS'

The fact that you don't know the answer to these questions shows precisely that you don't know CS.
The worst thing that happened to CS is when it got confused with programming.