BOYCOTT NEWEGG

Are you joining the boycott?

Attached: weblogo.jpg (400x400, 8.63K)

You know, if someone tells me to boycott something, it's going to make me want to use it more. I'll be right back, I'm going to buy some HDDs.

Who the fuck even buys computer parts anymore?
Get an optiplex or a mac

>Buying from a chink owned company
I was always in

Reddit: The Post

The fuck did they do?

Why? I saw mr-robot-passionless-reads-text-from-his-telepromter did a video, but I don't watch youtube shitheads, nor do I give a shit about your opinions.

I don't even see a point in this company's existence at this point. It's just a glorified alibaba group establishments clone and should be regarded as such. Stick to Amazon.

Redditors are the ones buying overpriced fagware and showcasing them for other redditors

Why is the boycott for?

being a scam

I haven't bought anything since the silicon/drive shortage. So Yea sure whatever.

How is it a scam? I haven't used it lately but when I went there last, prices were generally competitive with other stores.

popular youtuber found out that buying an openbox item can result in Newegg sending you a defective item that they will not accept a return on even completely unopened.

That's sort of the nature of open box sometimes. It usually means someone else bought it, opened it, something was wrong and they sent it back. If it was just not what they expected or they didn't want it or whatever, that's fine. But if it's subtly defective even if they do a quick test it might not find the problem it was sent back because of.
>open box
>completely unopened
This is a contradiction.

Gamers Nexus had a video about them where they tried to RMA a sealed boxed motherboard and Newegg rejected the return, saying the motherboard has thermal paste.

I meant completely unopened by the person that purchased the openbox item, yes the item was openbox but you lack reading comprehension. In the case of Hardware Unboxed, they did not open the newegg box that was shipped to them, they just shipped it back as is. The cases you've mentioned does not apply for GN, the defect was not subtle, there was obvious pin damage on the socket when they sold it, it had a giant RMA sticker from Gigabyte displaying that it was broken, and they turned down repair service Gigabyte offered.

This is a common issue?
I just bought a keyboard that doesn't work right, and I've been waiting for two weeks for them to get back to me about my return.
The box was beat the fuck up when I got it, some of the keys were in the wrong place, and the spacebar felt like it had to be pushed through honey, it was so mushy (this got a lot worse on cold days)

I don't want to give Amazon more market share, where should I go instead next time?

>popular youtuber
that's almost synonymous with "liar"

At least this means they looked at it. If some of the stuff I've received from Amazon is any indication, that already puts Newegg ahead of the curve. The vast majority of the time, what I get from Amazon is absolutely fine, but sometimes they send me something that's clearly been opened, had something wrong, returned, tossed back on the warehouse shelf and sent to me, only to be returned again because IT'S STILL FUCKING BROKEN.

>and they turned down repair service Gigabyte offered
Why is this?

I never used newegg before so i guess sure

surprisingly not this time

because they didnt want to pay the repair fee