Speakers & Home Theater

Post your set-ups

Ask questions

Discuss

Attached: Benefits-of-Surround-Sound[1].jpg (1582x1186, 246.55K)

If I get a subwoofer, does the bass capability of my other speakers stop mattering?

Attached: sb-1000-pro-ba_1024x[1].png (1024x1024, 521K)

Depends on where you place it. If it will be right in front of you you could cross it at a higher frequency. I would do that but REW room sim shows I would have to sit almost in the middle of a room to get optimal bass response. When a sub is not in front of you you'll have to cross it at a lower frequency to not notice where the sound is coming from, I had to cross at 60Hz.

i use a soundbar

Attached: bsodserval.png (750x702, 415.22K)

I ask because the rest of my speakers are going to be 5.25", possibly 6.5" for the front speakers, and I want to be able to just buy a subwoofer and not have to worry about "I should've gone with the 8 inch drivers"

It's a small room too

More like a gaybar you fuckin' poof

Again, depends on how much you care. Maybe it will just work for you, I've heard people crossing corner subs at 120Hz and not giving a shit.

Attached: PXL_20220212_092332971.jpg (4000x3000, 3.45M)

Comfy looking room. Are those piss bottles I see?

looks so tragic

I've seen far worse.

It's actually the exact sub from the pic lol.

How can you tell from that pic?

He posted it before.

Is there such a thing as a subwoofer for vintage systems?

Why wouldn't there be?

I heard consumer subwoofers weren't a thing in the 70's or 80's and anything I found would be stage equipment.

If there's a connection for it, I don't see why it wouldn't work. All it's doing is redirecting frequencies

You can use a sub even with a fully analog path, depends on what inputs the sub has, some even have speaker level inputs so it's as easy as wiring them parallel to your speakers.

I used a sub with my Marantz 2270 and 2325. It's easy to do

>does the bass capability of my other speakers stop mattering?
yeah, everything under 100hz handled by the sub if you set it up properly

If you got speakers, do yourself a favor and get measuring mic, it will cost you about $70 for cheapest mic and cheapest interface, but correcting the room under 1khz is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Attached: pair-large.jpg (1800x1200, 101.2K)

My receiver came with a calibrating mic. Is this adequate?

more or less. get REW and measure your room, general method is to measure channels separately
measuring 5.1 system is a clusterfuck though