EASY as fuck and fast software manager, I've never had to use a terminal to install dropbox, keepass, mpv, steam

>EASY as fuck and fast software manager, I've never had to use a terminal to install dropbox, keepass, mpv, steam.
>Can use flatpaks to get more up to date software and drivers(Nvidia flatpak driver is literally on 510, the latest)
>easy as fuck PPA manager if you don't want to use flatpak
>Can install drivers with ONE click
>Comes with firefox otb as well as any other program you would need for work
>This distro has no snap or amazon spyware
>This distro literally JUST WERKS
Why aren't you using the just werks distro? Stop distro hopping and using arch which will inevitably break like ONIONS smith says. If a distro breaks at all for any reason, It is a bad distro.

Attached: mint.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

I'll tell you what I keep coming back to windows. First is Windows Firewall Control but I hope Opensnitch and eBPF come along to make that better.

Second and third, and I hope for suggestions here, is:

To open a program, I do [win key] p p [first letter of program] [second letter of program] using shortcuts that I placed in Programs -> p -> each letter of alphabet -> shortcuts with first letter cut off
Very fast, key combos fully determined by me, doesn't start searching files on disk, as easy as placing files in folders, don't need ctrl+alt+F1 through F12 or that kind of shortcut garbage

And to open any file I want:
[Win key]+e to open explorer window
[First letter or two of disk label] then enter
[First letter of folder] enter
And the whole time I'm seeing every file in the folder and which one is selected
Linux file managers are just not as compact, and my preferred view is sort by date descending, but keep all folders at the bottom of the files, if I want to go to them I'll type its name or use page down. IIRC mint gives you the option to put folders on TOP but NOT the option to put them at the bottom.

Call me whatever names you want and then tell me which linux file manager can be wrangled into doing these windows-like key navigations pls

Mint just werks, it's dumbass friendly. What did you expect user?

Attached: 22f.png (390x361, 65.52K)

Just use Windows 7

i like fedora, mint is still downstream from noobuntu

I already use it.

Because Arch also just werks and doesn't ship with bloat.

No

Coming from arch, I got a dream, runs like butter. Really don't understand why people buy into such a meme

I would use fedora, unfortunately on my computers the install right before bootup always freezes. On some computers fedora just refuses to even boot and freezes before it gets into the live environment. Mint does neither. No debian distro has ever given me problems.

Mint with a proper KDE spin would probably be my endgame distro.

Not only do they not offer a KDE spin anymore, I don't even think they maintain the KDE packages anymore. The Plasma desktop suite on Mint 20.3 right now is 5.18 which I think is almost 3 years behind or some shit.

It's a shame because otherwise I vastly prefer Mint to Ubuntu, just due to Canonical's bullshit.

I used it for a month (I uninstalled the cinnamon desktop on my first day using it). It's alright but I went back after the new ltsc came out now I'm on that. On windows everything just works (and my driver doesn't crash after a reboot).

Attached: Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-10-18 21-45-13.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

bump

Cinnamon is a ridiculously ugly DE. Then again, so is KDE and GNOME.
I think XFCE is the only good looking DE, because it goes for a low-spec look that just works well. When these other DEs try to go for a professional and polished look, it just looks awful and uncanny because they don't have the resources, knowledge, or manpower to get anything close to the polish of Windows or Mac.

>Yahoo Default Search on Firefox
>Install Chrome, Chromium still Yahoo Default Search
>DE is single threaded
>Tries to look like W*ndows

>plug in headset
>doesnt work
>enter config hell

Attached: 1631217775045.jpg (604x591, 75.87K)

Just get KDE from the Kubuntu repos...

werks on my machine
I already am fren

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-02-11 20-41-56.png (1366x768, 1.44M)

This is literally just subjective, you don't like it, but I do. I think the icons look modern.

Never had any of these problems you've mentioned. google is the default search on firefox when I installed.

Like through an audio jack? My DT's 770's work fine. Honestly at this point its people complaining just to complain because they've never used it. I've used a lot of distros and I always come back to mint and I've been on my current install for 3 years with no problems. I even run a 70 mod fallout NV save that I regularly play with great performance.

for me the cycle went: Manjaro gnome -> Arch xfce -> Arch dwm -> Arch i3 -> Arch Plasma -> debian Plasma -> Ubuntu budgie -> Mint Xfce -> Mint Cinnamon
People here like to ignore how good the Ubuntu base is, especially the LTS releases. They're easy to setup and don't get in your way while also allowing you to do whatever you please with your system and supplying you with great documentation.

Maybe now it didn't used to be like that, user. Very Pozzeled distro

ok well try to get with reality

>using distro that promotes/used to promote yahoo