You know, I hear Brave is looking pretty good these days

You know, I hear Brave is looking pretty good these days

Attached: Screenshot_20220211-215136_Samsung Internet.jpg (1079x1635, 442.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webkit.org/blog/11529/introducing-private-click-measurement-pcm/
brave.com/themis/
docs.google.com/document/d/1KpdSKD8-Rn0bWPTu4UtK54ks0yv2j22pA5SrAD9av4s/edit
privacysandbox.com/
github.com/WICG/privacy-preserving-ads/blob/main/Parakeet.md
brave.com/improved-ad-blocker-performance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Firefox has been pozzed for sometime so it's not exactly surprising.

I'll wait for the independent analysis. Skimming over the proposal right now, the threat model seems sound and using multi-party computation for attribution could be interesting. It's important to note that Mozilla isn't unique in this, everyone is taking a stab at making ads more private

Apple's Private Click Measurement
webkit.org/blog/11529/introducing-private-click-measurement-pcm/
THEMIS from Brave which is more of a proof of concept than proposal
brave.com/themis/
Interopable Private Attribution from Mozilla
docs.google.com/document/d/1KpdSKD8-Rn0bWPTu4UtK54ks0yv2j22pA5SrAD9av4s/edit
And the umbrella "Privacy Sandbox" design from Google which is many technologies, often criticized for not being very private
privacysandbox.com/
Microsoft's PARAKEET
github.com/WICG/privacy-preserving-ads/blob/main/Parakeet.md

Librewolf.

>brave
LOL

Why is Any Forums freaking out about this? Anyone following browser standards has seen this trend for years. Everyone (including the based browsers you love) is making a proposal like this. Nothing has even been implemented yet, they're just asking for feedback on the initial draft. Advertising isn't going away, if it can actually be made private then everyone wins. Mozilla's proposal in particular is a lot more narrow than Google's or Brave's. It doesn't change advertisement delivery (so adblocking still works the same), it just changes attribution (currently the worst aspect for privacy in the real world)

> he doesn't know
manifest v3 is coming to brave despite what the street shitting rejects and developers say, rajeesh. that's far worse.

makes no difference. all these advertisers are still getting ZERO information when all of their servers and javascripts and blocked. merely pissing into the wind at this stage.

Thanks, but I use Ungoogled-Chromium

Attached: 91709783_p0.jpg (2484x3723, 3.26M)

>The recent Chromium’s Manifest v3 controversy around the overheads of the various extensions using the WebRequest API to inspect and potentially block undesired requests did not affect Brave as requests are processed natively, deep within the browser’s network stack. Nevertheless, the argument of the popular ad-blockers being very efficient made by our friends at Cliqz also pointed out that ours could be made faster still
See brave.com/improved-ad-blocker-performance/

>Network Information API
>Idle Detection API
>SpeechSynthesis
>File System API
Enjoy your botnet user

> it's actually great, guys!
> t. crypto grifting kikes whos entire source of profits is from advertisers
cringe and niggerlicious. bravejeets are dumb fucks.

>strawman

no one can explain whats actually bad yet, its all
>facebook MAD
>mozilla POZZED
Anyone that isn't a bandwagoning retard is patently waiting for further analysis to see if the privacy claims made in the IPA initial draft are feasible

this isn't reddit where you get upvotes for posting corporate propaganda and where we all gather to have a furious circlejerk.

This lol, if you want a privacy browser just use librewolf, tor, or suckless' Surf

Nothingburger
wake me up when Facebook acquires Mozilla.

>people still need to download another browser in the age of Chromium Edge
You're all mentally challenged.
>inb4 "hurr muh privacy durr"
Once you connect to the Internet with any device, you gave up the right to keep your life private.

>Mozilla is working with a company I don't like
Welcome to standard development where you'll find pairings like Mozilla and Sony, Google, Opera, and Microsoft, etc. Mozilla has worked with Facebook before on proposals like Binary AST in 2019. Nothingburger

Firefox sisters, I don't feel so good...

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-15 16-53-20.png (307x390, 70.19K)

Videos can't perform tracking. If the goal is to blocking social media trackers and fingerprinting scripts, and those scripts are loading videos, then the video won't load