Filter brainlets

Filter brainlets

Attached: ipv6.png (296x183, 2.46K)

Should have created IPv5 instead.
Fucking retards.

I can't understand why so many people flip out over IPv6.
>hurr durr i can't remember long addresses
Then set a short one with lots of zeroes, so you can type (for example) fe80::1. Or better, use DNS, which we've had for 40 years now.
>hurr durr don't want to set ips at all
Then use SLAAC or DHCPv6.
>hurr durr i think nat is a firewall
It isn't, but for brainlets, it does a convincing impression of one. There are indeed NAT implementations for IPv6.
>hurr durr its botnet
This is why we have public IPs and private IPs.

Running dual stack here.

>open attack surface
nothing wrong with IPV6 in itself but the fact that retards sysadmins know nothing about it means it's probably best to disable it if your server is security sensitive

What's so complicated about IPv6? I can't think of anything that's not pretty straight-forward about it.

Forcing retarded ISP's to adopt it

Now you need to open two listeners configured differently and run them in parallel. Of course this is easy af, but still too hard for bootcampers.

My local ISP turned it on last year. Everyone started to complain that their internet service was slow as fuck. Turned out by default the ISP's router/modem combos were exposing any device connected to them directly to the internet. My friend had a Linux PC directly connected for awhile. The logs filled up all his disk space in a few days from all the ssh log-in attempts. I wonder how many Windows machines got drive by pwned for the same reason.

The ISP went back to handing out IPv4 addresses + NAT. That's all it is standing between their customers and the internet. The ISP does not ship a firewall by default and 99% of customers wouldn't understand how to use it. Almost no one is using a firewall.

>Turned out by default the ISP's router/modem combos were exposing any device connected to them directly to the internet
nothing to do with ipv6, you can't possibly wardial randomly assigned ipv6 addresses

the isp, or more likely your friend, had set up something in a way where the address that was being logged was being broadcast or leaked through some other method

>he dont know

Filter me all you want, faggot. I have disabled you.

Attached: yande.re 592226 ankkoyom girls_frontline ump45_(girls_frontline) ump9_(girls_frontline) full.png (1337x1900, 3.06M)

disabled in my router, not a single IPvDeprecated packet leaks from me

>Need fucking BIND installed on your router to make a hostname resolve to an ipv6 address
Nah, pass

>what's so hard about ipv6! its just more digits

Yeah. Right. That is all it is. Its not like it is also a completely fuck tarded shit show of additional complexities on top of an already fucked beyond repair shit show of network technologies that have been cobbled together by feuding system designers for the last 50 years. I mean yeah, why not solve a problem of simply "not having enough space" with completely reinventing not only how space is defined, but also adding a shit ton of other complexities on top of that, right?

I mean, adding a fuck ton of additional considerations to systems that are not already not well understood/completely misunderstood by most is sure to make things better.

We had 15 standards, we needed to create something to solve that so we created a standard. Now we have 16 standards.

fuck you!

Attached: f.png (352x463, 17.11K)

>retards sysadmins know nothing about it means it's probably best to disable it if your server is security sensitive
If you can disable it that means you're the retarded sysadmin.

Just set the address in /etc/hosts.

shit take

Based, IPv6 is for chinkoids and smartphones.

well, i have disabled that trash on my phone also :^)

Attached: Screenshot_20220212-035802_Firefox Nightly.png (1080x2316, 292.02K)