If block chains are false technology, why are some governments trying to ban us from using them?

If block chains are false technology, why are some governments trying to ban us from using them?
the energy argument is dumb since if it's costs outweighed its value it would fall out of use organically

Attached: Teal-c-guys-of-stargate-4143827-1020-572.jpg (1020x572, 49.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably because it uses a lot of energy to calculate the hashes

Jaffa Kree!

Is the energy I pay for not mine to do with as I please?

your argument presupposes a free market. the problem is that most of the governments that have banned bitcoin also subsidize energy and don't see bitcoin as a "fair use" of those subsidies.

if you can't uphold your will through power and violence, then no

blockchains are actually a great technology despite the Any Forums hate. I mean the fact Any Forums seethes at it should probably actually tell you it's based. whether any of the current iterations will survive is however an entirely different question. and yes undoubtedly they're full of scams and ponzis
look up some interviews with adam back (satoshi), for some based takes on crypto and blockchain from a 200 IQ cryptographer

Dont ask Any Forums about crypto. You will gain nothing.

If meth is bad, why are governments banning them?

Attached: 4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.rsquare.w700.jpg (700x700, 34.6K)

>the energy argument is dumb since if it's costs outweighed its value it would fall out of use organically
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality

>bans you from writing bloatware
heh, nothing personnel, jeet

>fall out of use organically
Its been used to launder money by using gullible retards leaving their computers on all day. btw Teal’c BLACKED Samatha Carter for decades in the alternate timeline from the last episode of SG1 that only he can remember

>the energy argument is dumb since if it's costs outweighed its value it would fall out of use organically
If only that were true.

Attached: 1602302842958.jpg (464x480, 114.6K)

unironically this. meth is based

don't care, still mining ETH with coal-powered electricity. not my problem

Because the government can only be in control if they control the money supply. Also they get upset if you find ways to launder money in a way they can't see. Those would be the largest driving factors. As for energy, it takes up a stupid amount of power to mine crypto and the biggest issue isn't polltuion, its the effect it will have on the grid. The weather is getting wilder with hotter and cooler days and those alone will stress the grid, they don't want something else to use up tons of power for no tangible benefit.

>if government does something then the opposite must be good
Your brain on libertarian bullshit.

Crypto is a completely unregulated market that is just funneling money out of regular people's hands right now. There is no accountability, it's entirely speculative and has no real world application. For a lot of governments it's easier to ban it in the short term, at least until they come up with a way to regulate it effectively.

This.

Use your brain for once.

Because crypto coins are gay

The whole point is there doesn't need to be accountability. If a protocol is built correctly it should just function whether anyone wants it to or not. Hence the term trustless system. If you throw money at a scam project that's your own fault

Are you talking about bitcoin or some imaginary coin in your head?

>If block chains are false technology
What are you talking about?
Linked lists aren't false technology.