Why is openSUSE Tumbleweed growing with the enthusiast Linux community? It is better than Arch Linux?

Why is openSUSE Tumbleweed growing with the enthusiast Linux community? It is better than Arch Linux?

Attached: img-2022-02-11-23-29-53.png (1920x1080, 871.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:License
mpr.makedeb.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i run tumbleweed as my daily driver and have done so for months now and see no reason to distrohop at all
its great

Because it is the best distro available. It checks all the boxes. It is a tragedy that more don't know about it.
It is a million times better than Arch, and I personally switched from Arch with no intention of looking back

Attached: Screenshot_20220211_160109.png (2560x1440, 2.06M)

Because suse almost got bankrupted several times and now that they are almost done, they've gone in full force paying for pajeets and bots to shill their stinky software in a final attempt to salvage their broken disgusting steaming pile of shit project

lies

oops forgot to attach screenshot

Attached: Screenshot_20220211_174730.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

You should remove privacy badger and HTTPS Everywhere. uBlock Origin already covers the functionality of privacy badger and HTTPS Everywhere is built into firefox now

ive had some friends tell me the same thing i am just lazy lol

>changing the cool lizard mascot into some generic boring symbol or text
You're ruining the best part of it.
>to salvage their broken disgusting steaming pile of shit project
This doesn't sound anything like my experience with openSUSE. I have many computers and I only have it installed on one of them but it's pretty much rock solid due to its package manager. It prompts to fix errors by changing repos instead of just refusing to continue which would leave you with a system that can't update itself. I haven't seen that before and I instantly liked the idea.

switched to tumbleweed last year after witnessing the arch toolchain incompetence, wasn't expected to like it but yast is quite handy sometimes

I really like the Tumbleweed logo

because its the best distro, it just lacks maintainers and mirrors for it to become a proper mainstream distro like arch, fedora and jewbuntu.

>Why is openSUSE Tumbleweed growing with the enthusiast Linux community?
Sad, you can not use openSUSE to build missiles launchers, nuclear submarines, tanks, etc.
>en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:License

Attached: kek.jpg (720x474, 186.7K)

Meaningless as no hobo working at opensuse will ever have the means to audit whatever governments take.

what's so special about it? I' on EndeavourOS and it's great I don't see reason to switch to something where I can't use yay

They can not audit code in Minecraft.

>not using paru
NGMI

why should I use that instead?

Tumbleweed has the superior opi

I really wanted to like tumbleweed, but they remove a lot of developer tools and compliers that I need. The Prolog package, for example, is almost always broken. The OS also stops working after random updates and I hate having to rollback every other upgrade.

Attached: P435859342-3.jpg (250x191, 15.73K)

>The OS also stops working after random updates and I hate having to rollback every other upgrade.
werks on my machine

for one, it's actually maintained unlike yay. I found it to be faster and it has far saner defaults (for example, showing the makebuild before installing new AUR packages)
give it a shot, alias it as yay if it helps your muscle memory

I'll give it a try, ty

I wish it worked on mine. Every Nvidia update had me rolling back a version.The software repository isn't as expansive and I got tired of having to do extra work just to compile some software. Its more of a System Admin distro than a developer distro.

Ubuntufags did an AUR for Ubuntu:
mpr.makedeb.org/

Why can't geckofags do the same? And no, OBS is not good like AUR.

Tumbleweed Bro checking in.

I have used Arch a lot and I do like it. The AUR has more packages available the openSUSE. For example I had to compile Strawberry QT5 from source whereas this is on the AUR.

The toolchain thing made me think twice about Arch though. With openSUSE you do have the reassurance that it is based on a corporate distribution that just werks.

Attached: susebro.png (1920x1080, 1000.2K)