Tevanian not only made Mach as a student, while RMS's HURD is still vaporware...

Tevanian not only made Mach as a student, while RMS's HURD is still vaporware, but then he joined Jobs and made a desktop UNIX with Nextstep.. in the fucking 80s. When Linux still can't pull it off over 30 years later. On top of that, freetards to this day copy all of his ideas with GNUStep/Windowmaker, Afterstep, and every fake macOS DE. You're all ingrates and posers.

Attached: 1614384619766.png (405x720, 670.84K)

And now modern MacOS is mediocre garbage that's slowly being turned into iPadOS with a mobile app dev kit. Way to throw away your W, faggot.

All deprecated by ipadOS and chromeOS lmao

cringe

Kernels are highly overrated.
They're just the interface between the hardware. Real small if you don't succumb to hardware vendor driver faggotry.
The real value is in the userland.
If no one wants to configure software to work with your kernel then it wasn't meant to be.

>Kernels are highly overrated.
the absolute state of this board

i love how you managed to say something contextually accurate yet still revealed yourself to be a dunning kruger mong

>On top of that, freetards to this day copy all of his ideas with GNUStep/Windowmaker, Afterstep, and every fake macOS DE.
That's not even exclusive to Mach. I don't think there's ever been a single innovation born out of either GNU or Linux.
As "tee hee" as they thing the name GNU is, it really is just a Unix clone. They didn't design or come up with an OS they just reimplemented an existing and well documented one.
Likewise with the kernel. Taking concepts from MINIX, Plan9, and even NT.
Not to mention both projects of being long outdated before they were reimplemented in the first place.
Every program or feature from these projects is just open source copies of other people's works. Designing something good that works well enough to be imitated is hard work. Copying that work doesn't even require a fraction of the effort or skill.
Consider how it took a team of top researchers several years to come up with Unix as a concept, and today implementing the utilities is a common college exercise for students to do.

It's great that we have these free alternatives, but the free alternatives themselves aren't "great" by any means. It's just glorified legal theft. Which is fine but not impressive by any means.

>If no one wants to configure software to work with your kernel then it wasn't meant to be.
This sounds contradictory. If the kernel is good enough to design software upon, and that software is of good quality as a result of the system's design, then its value is appropriately rated.

Even in the case of message oriented microkernels the benefits come from a well designed message convention that is shared with the kernel as well as between userland programs.

There are plenty of highly rated processor architectures and yet Windows runs on two of them.
Whether anything is built on top of something you made isn't completely out of your control, but is based mostly on political and economic merit rather than technical.
If any of you truly cared about being """free""", you would be running on POWER9, but you aren't because of non-technical reasons.

I want to attack that neck with a lawnmower.

Attached: 1602607296516.jpg (400x426, 17.11K)

>There are plenty of highly rated processor architectures and yet Windows runs on two of them.
Why even lie about something so easily disproven. NT is lauded as being easily portable.

Attached: file.png (265x95, 6.5K)

It's funny that Jobs and Tevanian courted Linus during this time, when he was on the market for a job in the US. Linus talked to them, but decided to go elsewhere, since he didn't want to work on BSD. He probably would have been head of OS division by now, after Tevanian left. His daughter would have grown spoiled and with a pink Ferrari... instead of an SJW who guilted her dad and teamed up with those who wanted him ousted from his own project.

AUTISM

IA32 is just 32 bit x86. Same with Arm and Arm64.

No one cares if Microsoft made a half assed shitty port of NT to Itanium because HP really wanted it in early 00s. Meanwhile Linux runs on literally every ISA out there.

>His daughter would have grown spoiled and with a pink Ferrari
I imagine he could still do this. He isn’t hurting for money, and never will. He lives in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Oregon.

I stand corrected. I'm glad he didn't get the boot, but it's still amazing that that was even possible.

>he

freechuds...

>>His daughter would have grown spoiled and with a pink Ferrari
>implying she didnt

she didnt

What you do or don't care about does not change the facts. Windows has been ported to all the popular architectures and likely more than are listed there for partners.
Not to mention, it's really ironic to say nobody cares about ISA X while following that up with "Linux can run on ISA X!"

I also don't know what you mean by "half assed" It's the kernel, the userland, and its UI just like every other port they've done. What makes it "half assed"?
I think you're talking out of your ass and attempting to grasp at straws.
Does the fact Windows is portable upset you for some reason?