How old were you when you first soldered?

How old were you when you first soldered?

What was it?

Attached: girl-soldering-iron-29238453.jpg (800x533, 83.16K)

14/15
Honestly I have no idea. Probably a DC jack.

17, for a high school physics class project.

Haven't done it since then and I'm 30 now

Never soldered in my life
Should I even bother learning it?

16, repairing an arcade cabinet

12, attached carbon rods with copper code and a dc wall jack. Made arced the electricity between them, damn near blinded myself

17, fixed a hand-me-down monitor that had a blown capacitor. Then deconstructed a bunch of broken video game controllers for parts.

Haven't soldered since.

25 and solderingcel

All my soldering jobs were shit since I remember. Last time I remember using a €10 soldering iron to sold a 3.3v serial from my router so that I could use bit-banging from a raspberry pi to hack into it. I was able to read the console but couldn't write.
When I get the money I'll buy a Hakko station to see if it's me who suck at soldering or it was my equipment that sucked. The guy on EEV Blog said soldering is easy but you must have the right equipment.

Even with a shitty iron and lousy technique, the least amount of soldering skill can sometimes save a set of headphones or a proprietary charger.
Invest in a little bit of heat-shrink tubing (+ hot air gun/hot air station/candle) and your ugly-but-functional solders will be hidden, insulated, and strengthened.
Entry level soldering iron is cheap, but cheap irons will probably cause you issues if you start working on circuit boards

im not a fucking faggot so i didnt solder before i welded
11 and then again at 14, 15, 16
then soldered at 15, 16, 18

Attached: magics.png (461x393, 171.78K)

12 years old, first project was a transistor radio out of an electronics book for kids.
That book taught kids how to make transformer bodies out of cardboard and shellac and how to wind them to build a bench power supply for 230V.
Hobbyist books for children were something else in the 80s. The only comment it had was "ask your parents for help if you're scared of the voltage".

In my 20s repairing hifi amps.

12ish, I started browsing benheck.com and wanted to make a portable SNES

27 replacing hotswap sockets

Enjoy your infertility

enjoy your gay little pencil dick soldiering pencil funny fumes and playing with your tiny dick n soldering pen writing cursive with metal lmao

Test point wires to unbrick some motorola phone.

6, TV broke, wanted to watch spongebob.

Tummy

Probably 16 or 17 and something to do with my car audio system or something
Last time a soldered was 3 weeks ago to fix a Chinese Christmas present