What distro are you using, and why?

What distro are you using, and why?

Attached: 1615152604770.jpg (1920x1920, 565.3K)

Windows 11
It just werks

FreeBSD. I only need to program applications for embedded systems and occasionally browse the web.

>embedded systems
i thought you need proprietary software for that

fpwp
based

Fedora. It just works.

Ubuntu. It just werks.

But I've been thinking about building one from scratch with Yocto just for fun

The software I use is available on FreeBSD. Beleive it or not, companies to release software outside of Windows and MacOS.

giwtwm
Debian
it's free and stable

Red Hat

No way right is a troon

Void. I like xbps and runit. The repos are well maintained and it's rolling, but not bleeding edge. I have up to date software, but no instability. I was originally using Artix for a short while, but I'm happy I switched to Void instead because it's overall a nicer and more polished distro imo.
(You)
>Yocto
That seems pretty neat, I might try that out eventually.

Attached: 1620167108080.jpg (1200x1200, 526.93K)

masculine hairline, super masculine hands

>That seems pretty neat, I might try that out eventually.
I had training from the Linux Foundation but I was so depressed at the time that I retained zero knowledge. I know how to write simple bitbake scripts but that's about it.
I wanted to know more about Linux but LFS seems too much work, Yocto looks like a good balance on learning Linux internals and not wasting too much time.

Debian is installed but it's having issues so time to distrohop again

>Linux Foundation but I was so depressed at the time that I retained zero knowledge
nta, but have you ever found a good solution to depression induced brainfog? I got off of antidepressants and brainfog has somewhat gone away, but it can still be really debilitating because I just cannot think or learn anything new some days.

arch because just werks
some troons make it work

Windows 10
It just werks

Yes, I found a solution.
I started going to the gym daily and I also take 1 hour to meditate, took the techniques from the MBSR course and also from the "mindfulness in plain English" book. I also quit alcohol and weed, the book atomic habits helped me find techniques to put these habits in place, and also others such as eating slower and sleeping 8 hours a day. Each week do some introspection and see what habit changes I can make to improve my life.

My focus and contentment with life are definitely better and I can cope with the tasks with work without spacing out after less than 5 minutes each time I made an effort to concentrate... which sucked because I'm a developer and my colleagues were getting pissed at me for being so forgetful and missing deadlines when they know I'm a good programmer. I'm also a lot less angry and can cope with stress.

It's been 3 weeks still and I can't say I'm in the clear but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

debian, new to it coming from daily driving lubuntu on a shitbox laptop.

KDE Neon because KDE.