HAVE YOU TAKEN THE RUST PILL???

Rust love thread. Only for discussion of the Rust programming language, the most secure language on earth.
>Dive deep into Rust.

Attached: The Rust Pill.png (400x400, 90.8K)

How can a language so secure be so gapingly wide open to vulnerabilities?

Memory safety is not even in the top 10 problems I face as a developer, but Rust made its syntax and type system unusable in order to solve the 'problem'. A complete tranny lang and waste of bytes.

Attached: 1631565470580.webm (853x480, 2.61M)

rent free!
#include

int main(void) {
int x, y, z;
while (1) {
x = 0;
y = 1;
do {
printf("%d\n",x);

z = x + y;
x = y;
y = z;
} while (x < 100);
}
}

Which linux program should transition to rust next?

dev/rope
unironically

I will never accept rust.

Attached: rust.jpg (600x600, 68.9K)

you VILL outsource memory safety
and you VILL be happy

Its weird that everyone hates Rust because of the "zealots" that keep posting threads... but 99% of Rust threads are made by people that hate Rust and just want to cause drama... Any Forums is full of people afraid of their own shadows, angerly shouting at the sun.

deprecated by go

It goes beyond what gets posted on Any Forums

No, it really doesn't.

Everywhere outside Any Forums, Rust is either viewed favorably, or simply "not relevant to my domain." Any Forums is the only place that has an autistic spergfest the moment you even mention its existence. Hell, simply insulting C/C++ usually elicits a "the shadow agency of Rust (or Lisp) shills wrote this."

there's nothing actually wrong with rust besides it's syntax being not enough of an improvement over c++. what we need is go without gc

Teaching myself Rust right now.

My ultimate goal is to write a TUI based text-adventure/novel game. Low-ish fantasy. Main character is a woman who was repeatedly raped by her father from the time she could physically take a cock and whored out by her mother when she found out. Now she is an adult who is fucking damaged as fuck and trapped in a demi-plane that feeds on mental suffering. She forces her slave to reenact her sexual abuse at the hands of her father, as he looks similar to him and she has a control collar on him. All he wants to do is kill himself as he has been forced to live this DD/LG every night for years and he is tired of being raped (he was a legit good person before ending up her slave). An opportunity comes for them to escape this demi-plane, and shit gets wild from there.

made a small project but I still feel like I don't understand anything

.unwrap().unwrap().unwrap().unwrap()

meds

No
No more meds
Make me feel like a fucking zombie
Shit is being like made "tranquil"

The /dev/* because schizophrenia

>99% of Rust threads are made by people that hate Rust
Meds

Go without GC would be worse C, why?

Those seem like the wrong meds.

>>Shit is being like made "tranquil"
>Being on meds is like feeling OK
Yeah I'm thinking meds, now

I mean basically Go with rust's "safety" instead of GC

What's the point of Rust? real talk.
Like fr why do you want to add complexity to a trivial problem? The syntax is an ugly-ass copy of c++ while trippin, tries to be procedural, oop, functional at the same time making your codebase a fucking Frankenstein. Fuck if you know how a computer really works, coding in rust it's just fighting against it. Not to mention that """safety""" it's just a meme. No cap Rust it's just a toy for mentally ill trannies where they try to be accepted in a community.

>Being on meds is like feeling OK
Snopes already deboonked this schizo.