Do people actually enjoy webdev?

Do people actually enjoy webdev?

>oh I gotta learn 20 technologies that are basically just patchwork on top of 30 years of terrible infrastructure just so I can send some text to a server and back in a "modern" ui

>hey man can you build me a website? I'll pay you $30. yeah its for my new business, have it done in 2 weeks thanks

>js

Just fire a gun to my face already.

Attached: 99ka1yh9nle81[1].jpg (4032x3024, 1.21M)

Initially no. But much like with gamedev there is enough motivation and examples of the results of webdev to get people through the slog. After some time, you become good enough that all that is no longer daunting. Like how after you learn your first programming language the idea of learning another doesn't seem particularly hard.
It also appeals to people who consider themselves lifelong learners. The types who write blogs and go to conferences and shit.

Front end dev is fucking gay

Attached: 1518405290468.jpg (578x490, 23.44K)

I've started to enjoy it since I learned blazor. I get to write pure server code and just bind to basic html elements and people are happy with what comes out

No. Shit sucks ass. No competent dev does Webdev unless theyre at FAANG

nobody has ever gotten a good website for $30

No I don't but it pays well and opportunities like nowhere else.

People enjoy money. Why do you think everyone and their grandma is taking a bootcamp these days

They don't like the work so much as they like the culture around it where everyone silently agrees not to call each other out for being clueless idiots. It is, and always has been, a Dunning-Kruger hug box (except not funny like Any Forums).

are you guys dicking? web dev is the most competitive and least paying dev job out there next to game dev.

Check again retard.

my friend makes around $85k a year as a developer/programmer/whatever the fuck they're called. He's always talking about work. Always on call. Always stressing about whether or not the code that was pushed live last week is going to blow up and he's going to wake up to a million angry emails, and so on. I make around $65k a year and work a union blue collar job. My work is physical and can be subject to the elements while my friend sits at in a comfy ergonomic chair in a climate controlled environment. Yet it seems I'm the one who is overall happier. All he talks about now is getting a fat bag, quitting, and falling off grid. The more he got into IT overall, the more he wanted to run away from it all.

Attached: 1644270623568.jpg (460x3770, 1.25M)

The difference for me is with game dev you end up creating something that's fun and other people can enjoy. With web dev you create some generic looking corporate website or bullshit blog.

>65k a year
>85k a year
I hope you both are under 25 because otherwise holy shit get your shit together.

Game dev only gets fun once youre a senior dev. Webdev is the opposite

I mean he's only been working for the company for like 2 years, but no, older than 25. It helps we live in low cost of living areas. Adjusting for cost of living, I'd be making the equivalent of $110k a year or more if I lived somewhere more expensive.

Does it piss you off that I probably make a similar income to you by ‘building’ and selling WP sites?

> Adjusting for cost of living, I'd be making the equivalent of $110k a year or more if I lived somewhere more expensive.
Holy mother of cope

Holy mother of citycuck. Enjoy never owning a home.

can you guys not be asocial and just talk to each other like normal humans

I don't understand what's cope about it. It's true. I pay $750 a month in mortgage including taxes. My home is a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, full detached barn garage, finished basement. All sitting on just under 6 acres of land. I'll own my house before I'm 35 and be able to happily retire some day. City living is just horrid.

not a part of the conversation but user is coping and user is right at that user.

if i may interject

it is cope

>20 technologies
HTTP and HTML are trivial to learn.
CSS is moderately hard
JS is a functional programming language disguised as a procedural programming language.

That's all you need. Everything else is just needless complication.