I've been at a MANGA company for over two years. The money is good but I'm bored as fuck...

I've been at a MANGA company for over two years. The money is good but I'm bored as fuck. I've saved up enough to live ~10 years on savings. I'm not just bored from work but life in general.

I need a change.

What do you guys find interesting? What's your passion? What gives your lives meaning? Food women and wine? Traveling and adventure? Building and creating?

Help me figure out what I want to do with the ready of my life.

Attached: 804909F6-14C9-461F-8E43-5F5D9C60707A-600x338.jpg (600x338, 18.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www-f9.ijs.si/~studen/literatura/Stroustrup_book.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Learning a creative art like Painting, writing, or music can help but youll hate yourself for it constantly because youll never be good enough

Pull an edward snowden if you want out of boredom.

Graphic design is my passion.

how much work do you do per week on average?

Or on the alternative side, put that money into making more money and invest it in stocks or real estate or some shit.

Probably not enough time to do both at once though

No one can tell you what to find interesting, and there is no perfect option. Pick something and see how it goes, if you don't like it try something else

I'm not going to break my NDA. Anyways Snowdens life seems shitty now. I don't want that.

Great suggestion. I've always wanted to learn bass. Maybe I should try painting too.

Can you elaborate? What about it speaks to you? How did you come to be passionate about it?

Depends on the week. My laziest weeks are 20-25 hours. Most hours in a week was probably about 80-90. My longest single day was 18 hours when I was on call and had security related sev2. It escalated up above my principal engineer even. Was actually a very interesting day, I got to learn a lot and see things I wouldn't have otherwise.

I have just of my wealth in stocks, ETFs, and some real estate. I try not to keep too much cash on hand.

i just started a piss poor internship for 600yuro a month
they probably took me out of pity
i wanted to be a junior java dev but ended up on a c++ project (with almost no prior knowledge)
i have no guarantee they'd keep me after the period is ended

what i'm saying it that i'd probably kill for your current state of boredom

not fagman but watching anime & manga helped a lot for me.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, a good sign that I'm on the right track. I'm currently crowd sourcing ideas, I'll mix in my own then pick what could be interesting and try it.

I contribute to open source and free speech tech. Women are very hard to actually get with so I don't put a lot of effort into it. Traveling and adventure are alright. Food and wine go too quickly. desu

just read bjarne stroustrups big book on C++. He makes it look easy.

If you keep at it you'll get here. I'm in my 30s now. My 20s I mostly worked on apps and website with a few personal projects.

The most important thing is you keep moving forward. Finish this job do another, then another. The pizza might look big but if you keep taking small bites you'll eventually finish it.

Technically I can't contribute to open source as per my agreement. But realistically they can't catch me lol.
I've done some open source work in the past, maybe I should take it up again.

Apple employee? Software is starting to get really shitty and track every damned thing we do so having FOSS alternatives is useful right now.

>What do you guys find interesting? What's your passion? What gives your lives meaning? Food women and wine? Traveling and adventure? Building and creating?
Whores and reading books.

Off-topic but where's Microsoft on the pic?
Is Netflix rly that big?

What's your favorite book? What's your favorite whore?

If you work in technology long enough you kill yourself or completely change careers. I was a cisco engineer for 15 years and left it to become a fitter machinist

Attached: 82312406_465165704367658_2993899359898173440_n.jpg (1080x1350, 254.06K)

Its actually a dream of mine to create a FOSS Facebook/insta/TikTok alternative. It would be a massive undertaking.

Technically - legally - I would have to wait 6 months after quitting to not break my non compete. But I could work in secret. Who would know? But then, who would know?

Probably Ficciones, a fob chinese whore I only got to fuck once.

Microsoft isn't technically FAANG, and I would argue Amazon shouldn't be. It's a finance acro that's been corrupted to mean big tech companies.vrhg4

Why is netflix in FAGMAN??
What has netflix done to innovate anything? Make some shitty drm??

www-f9.ijs.si/~studen/literatura/Stroustrup_book.pdf
quite the study
thanks user

hoping so
just that the concept of reaching comfort to the point of boredom looks so distant and foreign, it's unreal
even more so artificially adding complexity for the sake of it to one's life

saw enough "tech industry" (microelectronics) seniors retiring to a career of teaching or academics... i guess there could be something satisfying/accomplishing to it

It's there because supposedly it was dominant in its market (in 2017). However Cramer (the creator of the FAANG acronym) dropped it recently.