/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JS
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, Ruby on Rails, and SQL
fullstackopen.com/en/ - requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: web_dev_pillar_page.jpg (1200x600, 141.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tangowithdjango.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i have been banned from the FUCKING wikias
and, so... so, still i am too scared to go edit wikipedia for backlinks. STILL!

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-compressed-hCuRl9E2axi.jpg (154x154, 754)

I know both these feels

shut up Muis

Any good interactive courses/tutorials on Django or other python frameworks? Videos bore me to drath

Attached: 1624892248219.jpg (686x900, 89.01K)

there's at least 10 on youtube

Does NEET just mean "unemployed" these days? Because it used to mean no education, employment or trade but the way you folks use it, it seems to mean "I had an education, employment or trade but I'm just not going to use it" which doesn't make you an NEET, it makes you a bum.

I think NEET means that you're not *in* education, employment, or training. Not that you *never had* any education, employment, or training.

But being a NEET is the same as being a bum.
If people in this thread are doing something webdev/coding related then you could argue they're at least doing the E/T part. T stands for "training" I think btw

t. wants 15K for a quiz site
yeah... maybe if itll take you 4-6 months to make it. but then youre spending that long making a quiz site. i think the best way to do this would be to have someone work on it for 6 months - to - a year, or so, to get it up-and-running quickly and then build upon it over the course of a year. for more than 15K but for me to get a better quiz site
and if im paying well for it made then i would at least want someone whom speaks proper english

suck on my quiz site if you don't want to pay

do you think there is a shortage of web devs or something user

if I type in django on youtube a shitload of options pop up but I have no idea what's good and what isn't.
also
>Videos bore me to death

youtube removing dislike count really fucked people over when it comes to tutorials

look for DjangoGirls, it sounds like feminist bullshit but it's actually a great tutorial.
And if you prefer books, there's one called something like Tango with Django, it's a book but they have a full website with smaller chunks of the book (or just get the book on libgen).

oops looks like my brain melted today. how interactive do you want it to be? if you dont do videos then the other resource is books or literature. i doubt there's online places where you can muck about with server side code since that's a huge security risk. there's this django book i did in university tangowithdjango.com/ maybe look into that?

Anons who are already working in the field, do you also get anxious about the amount of people trying to break in?
Fucking hell, I see learn to code and programming shit everywhere, and I'm not even looking for it. Even my brother is a salesman and doesn't know how to do basic computer shit has asked me if he should learn to code. Programming videos on youtube have millions of views. It's insane.
How the fuck hasn't this industry imploded already considering the sheer amount of people flooding it?

It's a horrible decision all round in my view. Dislikes were a great way of seeing if a video is shit before you waste your time on it. Now we don't have that information.

it's easy to get into but hard to get good. algorithms and data structure is the big filter. people can copy code but to think of potential consequences and write code in such a way that it will be extendable, reliable and readable requires knowledge and experience.
the junior market is bloated but skilled devs are surprisingly still in demand.

Is there an add-on or tool to assist in figuring out what the fucking javascript is doing in the code?
For example, I clicked a button. Is there an add-on or tool to show me where that code is?

Attached: 1639146448987.jpg (810x611, 43.64K)

use your browser inspector

Attached: file.png (493x166, 22.5K)

why didn't i click expand

Attached: file.png (483x241, 24.33K)

thanks for the link. I wish there were flask or django courses as interactive as microsoft's Azure courses where you're entering real code and commands into limited virtual servers

I feel like I don't really know javascript, any time I want to do anything, I google what I want and copy the standard library functions used in the example code, or I'll look back at my older scripts and copy those.

Javascript makes it easy to glue together strings and inject more shit into existing web pages, but everything else is made needlessly difficult.
I also don't feel like committing to fully learning javascript, because I don't wanna become a retarded webshit who writes single page applications and calls them desktop applications.

Anyone else feels this way?

Attached: jazz for your soul.jpg (750x750, 126.92K)