el perro caca

>tfw too autistic to make irc friends
is it over Any Forums

its dead and thats all that matters

>being a nigger to the network effect
ngmi

>using a chat app with no one to chat with
retarded contrarian

IRC died circa 2000 because even random normies knew that it was all just stupid suicidal sperglords who finally found some bullshit they could be in control of. IRC shits love to tout about modern censorship but the internet is more free compared to when they were in control of it, because they banned talking about everything. Every IRC channel has already long run its drama course and this is why people idle in it for 2 decades at a time, the only way to pretend to be using it is to install it and sit there and pretend you're fitting in and winning points. IRC died for a reason, it essentially gave any sperg turd the power to be a dictator, by setting up a channel and bait-simping newbies in then waiting until it got to critical mass ie new users showing up every day with no work, then going on a little power trip. IRC is autistic as you can get.

unfathomably based

/thread

The problem with IRC, I don't want to use Tor or VPN so my IP adress is exposed. Why should I use something that exposes my IP?

>using irc client when you can telnet to server
literal definition of bloat

user you have to expose your IP in order to be in clearnet infrastructure

Yes but it is not a problem because people can't see it. But in IRC channel everyone can see your IP so you fuxxed.

This is why I don't use IRC anymore.

I mean OK, but IRC (or anything that implements XMPP) would be great instead of Slack. I have really fond memories of IRC though, before matchmaking happpened in online games, we were organising "wars" for cs1.6

Any Forums irc channel is so dead lmoa

> >just pure text, like the bible
I am atheist.
T O X

XMPP is the new IRC. Same simple concept, but with federation.

>circa 2000
IRC didn't recede majorly in popularity until 2007-2008 (the peak for quakenet was 04, and networks totalled 10 million users in 2003). Freenode prior to Libera kept growing.
Didn't read the rear, you're a faggot who never used IRC and have your panties in a knot because you couldn't act like a retard and got banned from some faggy channel.

What's it matter?

synirc had some good goon channels. might be worth checking out if you're looking for active irc servers

I like being able to catch up on messages sent to me when I'm not logged in, thanks.

Filtered by bouncer

>it was all just stupid suicidal sperglords who finally found some bullshit they could be in control of.

this applies to almost all internet communities anywhere though, including discord or reddit and its offshoots. the one good thing this shit site does is prevent jannies and mods from using their position for attention

>tfw too autistic to make irc friends
seriously consider roping yourself, IRCtards are the easiest to befriend, unless you're a discord troon.

>he doesn't know