systems engineers
integration/ test engineers
QA
change control/deployment engineers
systems operations
client support
IT help desk

hope this helps aspiring IT bros. ama

Attached: 1643907350215.webm (392x700, 2.74M)

where is call center ?

call center bro, i'm sorry...

Attached: 1644527371316.jpg (1730x1000, 988.02K)

find it hilarious that "architects" are the top of the "engineering" ladder

where is Any Forums janitor?

ETHICAL HACKER
>solutions architects
>cloud engineers
>software engineers
>data engineers
>front end developers
>network engineers
>devops engineers
>systems engineers
>integration/ test engineers
>QA
>change control/deployment engineers
>systems operations
>client support
>IT help desk

ethical hacker is on the same tier as a systems engineer. maybe closer to a network engineer. that's what they are - a blend of UNIX system and network

Attached: 1644428014368.jpg (640x553, 49.06K)

Where is sys admin ?

a sys admin can either mean a systems engineer or IT help desk admin

Architects just jerk off all day and don't actually do anything. Theyre high up because they've been there a long time and nobody is going to fire them. But they do literally nothing and help nothing at all and sometimes actively make things worse. This has been my experience with 4 companies at least.

What is the difference between Devops and Systems? Does systems manage the application servers? How is change control/deployment different than devops?

Is DBA under data engineer? Or is data analytics under data engineer?

How is integration/test engineer a different position than devops+systems+QA?

enterprise architects (high level tech planning)
dev leads (specific application design)
cloud engineers
software engineers (splitting dev into front end/back end/full stack is a false dichotomy, everyone should do everything)
devops engineers (putting change control/deployment engineers and integrating engineers here, also DBA because honestly its no different)
data analytics
system ops engineers (networking, security, etc)
QA (testing engineer should go here. If there is no testing engineering happing in QA then it effectively isn't a tech job.)
systems operations
client support
IT help desk

call center isn't tech but yeah it can be used as a stepping stone into IT help desk so it would be at the very very bottom. No disrespect to call enter bros though,

I’m the guy below helpdesk. I studied robotics and know computer vision shit and heavy math related to pretty much anything robotics related. I couldn’t find a job and I’m working now as a backend dev for almost a year already. Although I was able to grasp the framework-based workflows quite quickly, my education is considered worthless because it’s from an entirely different domain. Nobody takes me seriously and I am a lousy programmer. I’d be a good engineer, but now nobody wants to consider me for such a job because I am an unskilled web dev. My career is dead before it even started. Fuck my life.

Linux sysadmin: towards the top
Windows sysadmin: bottom

devops are code infrastructure continuous integration pipeline / code pipeline linkers,
whereas
systems engineers are provisioners of hardware and software; mounting drives, monitoring CPU spikes and recovering partitions

DBA falls on or one below data engineer... schemas design and store procedures, whereas data engineers write code that uses this back-end layer to consume it

integration and test engineers are code testers who write internal code to the codebase while QA write outside scripts to test externally..

Attached: 1618282137400.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

List lacks math people

On purpose

math people are either devs or homeless

math people write white papers to demonstrate proof of concept to business and financial feasibility to greenlight projects.
therefor math people can be seen in R&D dept's not IT

This. We have a bunch of math nerds with phds in our r&d team. They pretty much only use python for anything as well kek

I've meant ML engineers. They are devs, too, and should be on the list

Devops aka clickops is a meme fake job invented by niggers to fool companies into thinking that they need to pay someone to click a "Publish" button which has existed in every major IDE for 15 years

this is a prestige list don't muddy software engineer titles with front end developers

How you can learn to dance like this?

Be born gay

it's telling how fucked our industry is, for one when I saw Data Engineer I assumed ML / Data Scientist because that's what we call them at my company. Devops Here is also called SRE now.

>programmer

Attached: FFXqLAwX0AUFAwu.jpg (800x936, 55.5K)

Linux SME/automation engineer reporting. Its a good life

pretty based, ngl. was about to hate, but I just can't