Do not buy reds. I repeat do not buy reds. ALWAYS buy cheapest option. No. You NAS isn't working 24/7. No...

Do not buy reds. I repeat do not buy reds. ALWAYS buy cheapest option. No. You NAS isn't working 24/7. No. Your Plex library is not a small business.

Attached: 1644591924806.jpg (1280x1245, 184.37K)

>product of trannyland

OP is half right
Don't buy reds, they are bad value alot of times
Buy Ultrastars. The 14TB is $60 less than the Red versions

elaborate, why is this piece of technology related to trannyland

Heh heh. I've been doing what you suggest for years without thinking about it.

made in Thailand

just buy external harddrive and take the hdd out of it, just compared 12TB WD drives and this way it is 35% cheaper

now you know the secret for datahoarding

Ah ok.
How dumb.

I have reds and shitgate, in shitgate I can at least update fw and have more control. I also had one śhitgate DOA.

And my NASes run 24/7 NIGGER, spindown off

I've got a Red (singular).
It's loud, runs hot, and doesn't perform like I would expect from a WD drive.
However, it was the cheapest available (as in available-available: that I wouldn't have to wait a week for it to be shipped to me - it was literally on the shelf at the computer shop) at the time for 8TB.

>my NASes run 24/7 NIGGER
The cringe seeder vs the based feeder

Don't buy greens either, the built in sleep function for energy saving increases power cycle count significantly which puts considerable wear on the HDD

I don't seed shit you dumb fuck I just use it constantly and spindown is bad for drives

The problem is many Blues today are actually rebranded Greens

got 10 13 year old reds, still quiet, still working, cry more

>ALWAYS buy the cheapest option
poor faggots are literally a disease

>reds
>quiet

Attached: 1644466856226.gif (305x205, 434.59K)

RIP long term data storage

The orginal 5200rpm ones are

Is there anything wrong with Seagate Exos X16 drives? They are the cheapest.

I mean if it's a slight increase in cost for a large increase in reliability so what? Greens are utter garbage and if is right then reds are the only option as far as WD is concerned.

I have a single WD Blue that has been rocking for 7 years straight. I don't need more. Every time I THINK I need more, I find some stupid movies to delete.

Attached: pacman.png (386x238, 17.8K)