Mozilla partners with Facebook to create "privacy preserving advertising technology"

"For the last few months we have been working with a team from Meta (formerly Facebook) on a new proposal that aims to enable conversion measurement – or attribution – for advertising called Interoperable Private Attribution, or IPA."

So.. Trannyzilla is finally done?

Attached: 1615315021986.png (810x456, 481.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/en/mozilla/privacy-preserving-attribution-for-advertising/
blog.mozilla.org/en/mozilla/we-need-more-than-deplatforming/
theverge.com/2021/12/21/22848133/duckduckgo-browser-pc-mac-beta-privacy-default-settings
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post the source next time, user.
blog.mozilla.org/en/mozilla/privacy-preserving-attribution-for-advertising/

>So... Trannyzilla is finally done?
mozilla was already dying, so yes.

now that we know mozilla is worthless, any good web browsers out there? no chromium bullshit, please. qutebrowser seems good, but it is slow as fuck.

Just when you think it couldn't possibly get worse it does. Fucking hell, Mozilla.

why the fuck would they alienate the one audience that still puts up with them

>no chromium bullshit
nope, not for the modern web at least
all you got left are firefox forks like librewolf or meme browsers like dillo or surf

"Privacy respecting advertising technology"? You mean like Brave has had since the very start? Moz://a is playing catchup and for some reason they feel the need to enlist the help of a literal spyware company to do it.
In several years I bet they'll announce "we now have a builtin adblocker" or "we now have a builtin web3 wallet".

Attached: brendanbrave.png (1280x720, 711.17K)

Also, keep in mind that this comes from the same company that wrote this
blog.mozilla.org/en/mozilla/we-need-more-than-deplatforming/

Shit. Good thing Brave exists.

Duckduckgo browser when

It should come this year
theverge.com/2021/12/21/22848133/duckduckgo-browser-pc-mac-beta-privacy-default-settings

hopefully there should be an option to disable it, otherwise might just have to stick to esr + arkenfox

>hopefully there should be an option to disable it
This has nothing to do with Firefox.

Why does Firefox need any form of hardening in the first place? I thought it was a privacy browser

Attached: 1642283633190.png (307x390, 70.19K)

What you're saying is that there is literally no reason not to use Edge if you're on Windows.

>In several years I bet they'll announce...
I doubt they will last even a couple of years.

Not the same thing. They are working on a new standard for privacy respecting targeting, while Brave is essentially Google Adsense / Facebook Ads just baked into your browser.
Brave is just another company competing for your information, not a solution to the problem, just another tumor.

The moment a site shows me an ublockable ad I'll stop using that site except for emergencies.

It gives you the option to harden it, unlike chromium browsers. If you want a privacy respecting browser get librewolf.

Firefox is a "privacy browser" because you have the ability to harden it
Not because it comes fine out of the box
Pretty much you just go into the settings and turn off telemetry
There's a few things you need to change in the config, but a lot of that is based on your security profile

Just use Brave

>Firefox is a "privacy browser" because you have the ability to harden it
>Have to manually disable all telemetry
>Have to manually disable all hidden telemetry in about:config
>Have to manually disable pocket in about:config
>Have to manually edit mouse scrolling behavior in about:config because Firefox completely disregards your OS settings
>Have to manually edit about:config so that Firefox doesn't use shitty fonts
>Have to manually edit about:config so that bookmarks open in background tabs when middle clicked
>Bookmark folders still open in the foreground regardless of the previous setting. This hasn't been fixed in ~13 years
>Have to manually edit about:config so that it shows the full URL in the address bar
>Have to manually edit about:config so that page find properly highlights matches with a visible color
>Have to manually edit about:config to disable the annoying seconds-long full screen video messages that no other browser has
>Have to manually edit about:config to enable webrender
>Have to manually edit about:config to stop Firefox from opening a new decoding GPU thread for each video playback, causing the GPU to switch to a high-performance p-state all the time
>Have to manually edit about:config to enable dark mode, because Firefox disregards your OS settings
>Have to add these other 50 about:config tweaks to counter annoying behaviors
>Have to add all of these settings to user.js, otherwise Firefox will reset random settings after each update
>A new version is available, which means 20~30% of your settings will be deprecated without any warning
>Have to configure userChrome.css because Firefox thinks desktop computers need a tablet interface with obnoxious padding everywhere
>Have constantly download more extensions to restore previously removed behavior because "muh telemetry says nobody uses this button"
>The order of menu items in context menus for extensions is random, because they are populated in parallel and prone to race conditions

>just apply these about:config settings user, that will fix it
>just apply these other about:config settings user, now it will be fixed
>just apply these user.js settings user, it fixes the previous fixes
>just apply these userChrome.css settings user, it fixes the UI
>just apply these other userChrome.css settings user, now it really fixes the UI
>just apply these add-ons user, it restores the removes features
>just apply these other add-ons user, it restores these other remove features
>TroonFox 99.34.512 released
>j-just apply these new about:config settings user, that fixes everything!
>a-and apply these 570 css lines to your userChrome user, it restores the context menus a-and toolbar b-buttons!
>TroonFox 100.78.12 released
>w-what you mean the browser b-broke?
>t-these 10 about:config a-and 718 css lines will fix it user, pinky swear!
>TroonFox 100.12.98 released
>w-what you mean userChrome is d-deprecated?!
>i-install ESR 95.123.443 and these 12 about:config settings and f-freeze updates user that will fix it!

Still using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox + uBlock Origin for Windows 10 and there is NOTHING you can do to change my mind.

>competing for your information
You can literally audit their code. Why can't you focus on the actual criticism of the browser instead of schizophrenia?

le shill lion wins yet again

>Why can't you focus on the actual criticism of the browser instead of schizophrenia?

I could ask the same about Firefox.

librewolf just works on my machine
seethe