Good e-book readers? No budget

Good e-book readers? No budget

Attached: foreveralone.png (1000x1000, 1.36M)

used kindle paperwhite (I've got one from 2013 and it works fine), sideload books with calibre

Unironically the pinenote. It's a generic boox reader, that still has some chinesium factory BS left over in the default android install, but the UI is a whole lot less bullshit than other e-readers of a similar type.

Performance is good, default linux install soon.

Attached: PineNote-store.jpg (800x800, 54.88K)

it's 400 dollar vaporware you retard

I didn't like kindle, too small and clunky. Some sus hard drive corruption.

I know some linux and programming but I'm scared of the warning that it's for experienced only. Do you have any more info?
>This first production run of the PineNote will be great to write software for, but not great to write notes on.

>No budget

supernote a5x

not buying anything Chinese, literally spyware for dear Leader and his gang of goons.

Will be interesting to see how linux support goes. It's a pretty new SoC, they're making quick progress on it. Performance is very close to a Pi 4 but the power consumption is significantly better.
>vaporware
PINE64 has delivered on everything, they are trustworthy.
Yes, it's definitely more for developers right now and will be for a while until there's some decent software. But as a reader it should do fine.

i have onyx boox note air 2. I love everything about it.

I really like my Kobo Libra. I got one barely used for 100 € and is a charm

I have a letto frontlight 2.
Its fine. I can't review others because I don't have them. I would imagine that mine is not the best but it's open enough to accept any pdf/epub/mobi I've thrown at it.
I don't require more than the ability to read text and occasionally turn on the light.

>Vaporware
Nigga wat?

The warning is bullshit. There's a stock android image on it.

>new SOC
This is literally the Onyx Boox Leaf with a slightly different case. Same SOC that's been around for 2-3 years.

Attached: IMG_1182.jpg (4032x3024, 2.27M)

>stock
To clarify, it's a stock weired e-reader specific android that I'm really used to, because Onyx uses a derivative of that.

But shit sideloads just fine. Grabbed f-droid, synced my books over with syncthing.

>Onyx Boox Leaf
>CPU: Advanced octa-core processor
PineNote has a quad core RK3566. It is a fairly new SoC.

So I looked a bit further
>CPU: Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
>RAM: 2GB LPDDR4X
Now you see the PineNote has a completely different SoC from a different manufacturer, and it uses LPDDR5, of which it can have up to 8GB.

Yep, my bad. I'm about 80% sure that there actually is an ONYX ereader that runs on the same chipset, but eh. There's a few other new ones that are using it, like the reinkstone r1.

best ONLINE e-book reader?

>a literal book
>a fucking electronic book
>Any Forumstards: FELLAS... F- FELLSA
>FELLAS
>IS... IS MY BOOK SPYING ON ME?
>Any ForumsUISE I WANT DA EBOOK PLZ BUT I ALSO HAVE 2 DO A BUNCH OF SHIT 2 IT LUL BECUZ I HAVE TO INSTALL MY OWN OS ON DA BOOK
>A FUCKING ELECTRONIC BOOK
>TO READ BOOKS (BECAUSE PAPER BOOKS NOT HARD ENOUGH)
>FELLAS, WHAT IF WE MADE THE BOOK A FUCKING PROGRAMMING PROJECT
>OR ELSE THE BOOK WOULD BE SPYING ON US!!!!!!!!!!
>MUH 50 SPADES OF GREY THEY ARE WATCHING ME WANK

>electronic book
no jerome. it's an android tablet (with a pen)
nice bait attempt tho

guys what if we took a book and then made it electronic, then got scared that the electronics were spying on us, and by the way we hate IoT too and so lets take the book and then make it cost $400 then have to make it ourselves as a "project" after spending all that money on it to have it be "open source" (the book) to waste our time because FUCK READING

lets take books and then get a book and then do everything except read and spend $400 on not doing that so i can take a picture of the box my $400 book came in to post to Any Forums to all of the people talking about how to hack their books

>reading
anything kobo is really solid with an active libre community

>writing/graphics
reMarkable is fucking sick but $$$$

>No budget
If money is not a problem, buy paper books.

keep in mind this one (1) man has filled out three (3) captchas to talk about how angry he is that people like reading and messing with hardware

but father i cannot fill out the captcha on a book

sex

guys rate my FOSS book
it works out of the box and this one cost me 0.50 $ and the poems one cost 0 because it was in a box outside so i took it

Attached: image_2022-02-11_130508.png (363x619, 330.05K)

>*picks up a pen*
oooo im hacking my book its too open source hhh nooo

Attached: image_2022-02-11_130729.png (593x502, 309.8K)

you dont understand. i NEED my book to be
>open source
>friendly
>community driven
i NEED to pay $400 for a book