Your opinion on Powerline?

Your opinion on Powerline?
Why not use your existing electrical network for Internet?

Attached: powerline.jpg (2592x2592, 823.8K)

Because you can use existing coaxial cable in your walls instead and it's way better

I've never heard of it until now. Tell me more.
Does it stress or otherwise increase the utilization of your home electrical such that it might pose a danger?

it's capped at 10 mbps, cannot cross a breaker and have severe annunation problems.
It's really only worth it if you live in a concrete box.no

Nigger I don't even use wifi, anything above absolute 0 in packet loss is unacceptable.

Buy a better one. You can get 500mbps and 1gbps ones. The max speed is determined by the distance and quality of your cabling.

Early implementations had shit noise resistance and I haven't used any new ones but they probably all use the same OEM hardware internally

I use one at home. They're pretty nifty and stable. Downside is the speed limit, mine is somewhere near 200mbps even though it says 1gbps on the box and that's just going to a neighboring room so not much cable to go through. Also there's maybe like 4ms of added latency, but that's basically a rounding error.

Noisy signal is smoothed by signal processor. DURR i have an idea lets make it noisy again DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

speed

4ms is hardly a rounding error, especially with a distance that small

Latency on the local network should be less than 1ms, for wired devices anyway.

Just use a cat6 cable and stop using this meme garbage

IT JUST WERKS!

Attached: IMG_20220211_095327_1.jpg (2592x2592, 957.81K)

It's a hit or miss depending on how your sockets are wired up, and even at the best of times, it's way slower than ubiquitous and cheap wifi. I just don't see the point.

> Coaxial
You meant Ethernet or Optical, right?

How do you share a printer that doesn't have wifi tho? Wifi is a security risk.

there are wildly different homes and use-cases. you don't see a point for yours.

My commieblock has walls so thick no WIFI can penetrate them.

Nope, its called MoCA.

The connection is not as reliable, has more jitter/packet loss, is a security risk, is sensitive to electromagnetic noise, and the adapters occasionally self destruct.